• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Indian Warrior.. I tried it...Has anyone else?? What is this stuff?!?

^^^^

It's cool to see that even after all this time new mind altering substances can still be discovered in the form of plants and that people don't only have to look to new RCs or lab creations to get high.

You'd think that with all the people on earth that almost every plant with any kind of inebriating effect would be widely known of by now but I guess there's just SO many obscure ones that they can still slip under the radar.

I've seen that they also make really strong extracts both in powder and tincture form of this stuff and when I have the money I am intrigued in trying them.

I wonder how a much stronger version of the same chemical in the drug would feel...it might really knock someone's block off so to speak.

The stuff has been used as a mild painkiller and muscle relaxant and I've heard people say it helps with back pain etc.

I'm gonna try it again with Kratom this weekend most likely though last time I tried it they didn't seem to really synergize that well.

Have you ever tried smoking Klip Dagga, Wild Dagga or Siberian Motherwort (Marijuanilla) and if so, did they work for you??

I tried vaping Klip Dagga powder and it did NOTHING...maybe I will try smoking it cause it might not have worked cause the powder might not vape as well as buds but I'm not sure.

A lot of people say Daggas feel like mild weed but not for me.

However, I also read something about them not mixing with caffeine, and I am always on lots of caffeine, so that could be one more reason...

I haven't tried any of those other herbs, except dagga once, but it didn't do much, if anything.

I found that the first time I smoked it today, I got a nice high that lasted an hour or so, very pleasant. After that I smoked it a couple more times and didn't get much. I'm guessing that when I smoke it the first time tomorrow it will get me high again.

I'm also wondering, does anyone think it's possible that this stuff could have been sprayed with some type of cannbinoid or cannabis analog and legally sold through a MAJOR vendor (we are talking about a BIG online company that sells all sorts of items)??

It doesn't seem like someone could get away with that does it??

But I just kept thinking to myself "someone managed to do something to some weed to make it smell different and sell it under a different name" haha.....

I DO know that is one of the main ingredients in some herbal spice blends along with other things like Dwarf Skullcap, Siberian Motherwort, Wild Dagga, and many others so it clearly has some activity on it's own.

I am curious as to where the origin of the name comes from (Wiki says Native American tribes used it but I'd like more info) and whether or not serious studies have been done on it.

It is supposedly a mild muscle relaxant which I felt to be true.

I may just have to make my own blend...

By the way, motherwort and wild dagga are both plants containing leonurine, which is the proposed chemical responsible for wild dagga's effects. Also, I would like to note that the wild dagga for me was a lot more potent as a tea.

By the way, motherwort and wild dagga are both plants containing leonurine, which is the proposed chemical responsible for wild dagga's effects. Also, I would like to note that the wild dagga for me was a lot more potent as a tea.

I know that.

I tried making a tea with Klip Dagga and Mugwort the other day and drank it and it did nothing.

Maybe I didnt' include enough...but so far smoking it and drinking tea have yielded zero effects and i seriously doubt I'm going to get any effects from it.

You or someone else mentioned caffeine conflicting with leonurine, so maybe that's why but that seems hard to believe.

Either way, I don't think the stuff is going to work for me but I wish it would.

I'd be interested to see what you think of Indian Warrior if you try it and if you think it feels like Wild Dagga did for you.

I see little point fooling around with leonurine containing plants when Indian Warrior seems to provide a similar experience consistently.

I know that.

I tried making a tea with Klip Dagga and Mugwort the other day and drank it and it did nothing.

Maybe I didnt' include enough...but so far smoking it and drinking tea have yielded zero effects and i seriously doubt I'm going to get any effects from it.

You or someone else mentioned caffeine conflicting with leonurine, so maybe that's why but that seems hard to believe.

Either way, I don't think the stuff is going to work for me but I wish it would.

I'd be interested to see what you think of Indian Warrior if you try it and if you think it feels like Wild Dagga did for you.

I see little point fooling around with leonurine containing plants when Indian Warrior seems to provide a similar experience consistently.
Was just pointing it out.

Well, if that guy's proposition in NPD about leonurine's method of action is correct, the amount of caffeine you said you are taking is definitely going to block it out, believable or not... Caffeine is a powerful adenosine antagonist, this is where a good portion of it's stimulant effect comes from.

Anyway, good luck with your indian warrior!

i've smoked this stuff on and off through the years, as well as many of the other herbs mentioned in this thread. the best form of pedicularis i found was a particular "20x" resin of it. mixed with some blue lotus resin and smoked atop wild dagga petals it produced quite a nice little relaxing buzz.

if you get wild dagga make sure to just get the orange petals and no green/leafy material. and if you can, try to get the freshest material possible. I was at times lucky enough to get material that was harvested just two or three weeks prior, and it was a lot more potent than older stuff. unfortunately that guy doesn't stock dagga anymore.

blue lotus petals never did much for me due to its rather large dose size, but blue lotus extracts have definitely had an effect.

there's a ton of information on these sorts of plants in the old threads on entheogen-network.org (formerly entheogen.org or "e-dot"). the board there isn't too active anymore, but the archives have a lot of good info scattered about.

Still really interested what a proper oral dose would be. I'm assuming if it's active it'll be a longer duration? An edible cannabis-like mild high sounds like fun

I wouldn't confuse it for weed but it works. It's relaxing and has a mild body high. Not too much in the way of mental effects, although it did make me giggly at one point. It was very smooth in the vape, more so than marijuana by far. For the price, well worth it.

After reading this thread, I had to buy this. So I ordered it from that auction site. It is pretty expensive...
After two months, it finally arrived, so I proceeded to try it right away.
While the taste remotely reminds me of bad quality weed, I didn't find it (the taste) so pleasant...
On the other hand, I shared a small joint with a friend and we both are clearly feeling something right now. I feel a mild relaxation, quite pleasant but nothing mindblowingly amazing... It seems like it can help you sleep easier.
This relaxation is much more clear-headed than weed, and free from anxiety, which weed frequently gives me, So thats good!
It also made my mouth go slightly numb. Oh, and it made me want to take a shit, so I am writing this in the meanwhile... =D
We smoked a small quantity, and actually I don't feel like smoking a bigger joint because of the urgh taste :p But I guess I will, sometime, in the name of science!
Don't get me wrong, it is clearly active, no placebo. However, in the moment I just think there are better and cheaper ways to get high. Maybe with some more tries in different settings, I might get something out of it.

I had an uncle that used to smoke and grow this stuff. When it's fresh it can smell really floral and fruity. I get the raspberry reference, It's berry-y sometimes other times it's more lilac-y but always a pretty plant and a pleasant smell. Ive tried it while it was fresh a few times. My uncle would chew this stuff like chewing tobacco and say it got him baked, so that's the first way I did it and I honestly didn't get much from it, but at the time I smoked a ton of weed lol. At less stony times I've smoked it and it's very weed like. Not much head trip, but a nice warm stony relaxed feeling, great for when I can't get the sticky-ickies or if I'm having trouble sleeping generally. Sadly since he passed, I don't have a supply of this stuff any more since nobody kept up the the plants and stuff at his home. I wonder if i can find some seeds, maybe I'll look. If he can grow it in his dirty garden in Detroit, that shit probably is easy to cultivate lol.

Oh, and it tastes like shit when it gets too dry and old. the fruity flavors fade first, and then it starts tasting like a room full of old ladies lol. Gets less deeply stony as the fruity flavor fades I've noticed.

Oh, and it tastes like shit when it gets too dry and old. the fruity flavors fade first, and then it starts tasting like a room full of old ladies lol. Gets less deeply stony as the fruity flavor fades I've noticed.
That`s it! It tastes like shit!
You also described the effects pretty well, actually! I smoked some more today and the tasted was very unpleasant...
The effects, although not unpleasant, lacked this warm feeling you say. For me it was very stony and relaxed. A (very) good sleep aid, actually, and thats all...
I can also see how this could be anxiolytic. It didn't affect my mood very much, but I felt I could be (mentally) comfortable in any social environment.
So when it is fresh, you get better effects, huh? I`ll see if I can get some seeds, then =D

I've never used it and don't really plan on it; but I read how people make a tea out of it, and how it's used for sedation, and to relax tense muscles.

A simple google search showed me another forum where people posted about how they liked this herb.

Someone here on bluelight wrote about using it here:
http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/362076-Pedicularis-Densiflora-(Indian-Warrior)

I found this page as well: http://www.swcoloradowildflowers.com/Yellow Enlarged Photo Pages/pedicularis.htm

The one I have is Pedicularis Densiflora (just like in this thread you linked). I read a little bit before purchasing and I saw there are other pedicularis species, as we can see by that first link. It seems like each one has slightly different effects and pedicularis densiflora is the one with more pronounced effects.

I feel like this could be a good ingredient for changa! I don't know when I will make changa again, but I will test it someday, preferably with fresher flowers.