• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Increased heart rate on heroin? How common is this?

blueskies565

Bluelighter
So whenever I do heroin (iv) I experience a somewhat significant increase in my heart rate. I get this only when I iv and only at decent doses and it is consistent across different batches. Right now for example I have a resting heart rate of 116 and it was slightly higher not long ago (maybe 120-125) when the rush hit. My normal resting heart rate is around 90 so a little higher than most people but though I'm not fat I'm not very active so I attribute it to that. I am not concerned about this side effect really as it's not a huge increase but I was under the impression that heroin decreased your heart rate. Do any of you guys get this side effect? Maybe this is typical I'm not sure. Pretty basic question really but it just seems strange to me and unnerves me slightly. Any info would be great. This increase this time also came with a some nausea as well if that is relevant (a side effect I normally do not get), though I did do a large dose for me (50mg of high quality stuff with no real tolerance as I use maybe 2 days every couple weeks though I do do codeine once or twice a week).

Heroin and oxycodones get me speeding its called a paradoxical affect. Some people hve different body chemistries just like those that take Ritalin to calms them ,down helps them focus but in others it amps them up and has their mind racing.

Could just be the strength of the rush? Ya especially if you are feeling a little nausea then you are just talking a tad bit too much / getting a very strong rush.

Yeah i think i just overdid it, this is some seriously strong gear. I did another 40 after this and when the incredible rush faded i had a pounding headache and crazy nausia (threw up a few times) and could not sleep. I just did 20 and feel pretty good now for the time being. I have not done in a few weeks so i probably should have been more cautious. Oh well at least i did not od again. Thanks for the replies.

Yeah i think i just overdid it, this is some seriously strong gear. I did another 40 after this and when the incredible rush faded i had a pounding headache and crazy nausia (threw up a few times) and could not sleep. I just did 20 and feel pretty good now for the time being. I have not done in a few weeks so i probably should have been more cautious. Oh well at least i did not od again. Thanks for the replies.

Glad we could help, please stay safe. Remember you can always take more but you can never take less.

I love that expression, mad dash. I use that in cooking when I am teaching people.

For the OP: If you have OD'd before, always have a friend present when you shoot up. It will make the likelihood of a deadly OD'd diminish significantly.

I don't think that an increased heart rate is that unusual. When I do a decent-sized shot, the intensity of the rush causes that feeling of intense vibration throughout my entire body and my heart rate can increase. I think it's less of a "direct" effect of the substance and more of a general sensory overload. The increase in heart rate typically abates within a few short minutes as the shot takes effect.

I once did H that had my heart rate up to 150 hours after I did it. I actually ended up going to the hospital, I was really freaked out by what was going on, I thought it may have been cut with something like clenbuterol. They held me for a few hours for observation connected to a EKG and ended up giving me a benzo to lower my heart rate after a few hours, because it was still rather high. Weird shit, I dumped the rest of it. To this day I don't know what it was, it had me nodding at first though, but then the crazy high heart rate after. It was weird looking stuff though, definitely had some odd cut in it.

I don't do H anymore.

I never IVed, I snort mostly Oxy and Dillies. When I started I would abuse a do lots all night long, nodding and itching and redosing for hours to the point my heart rate was down to probably 50 bpm or lower.

Since more than half a year I have been tapering and I haven't nodded since obviously. Sometimes when I dose it slows my bpm and sometimes it raises it. Same drug, same dosage. I guess there are different mechanism at work with different effect. I ve noticed the bpm increase mostly when I am really tired and somewhat sleep deprived.

Also, years before my addiction started, I once smoked heroin which got me tachycarding like crazy ( 180+ bpm ). It was weird and I am convinced it was unrelated to anxiety.

Just my 2 cents but to me it was nit so uncommon.

happens to me on H pretty much exclusively(snorted) not really on any other opiods like oxy.

Last edited: