• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Inconsistent effects?

GetMeOutOfThisCRAP

Bluelighter
Sometimes I'll feel a 10 mg percocet more than a 30 mg IR blue. Does it matter if you take one before or after you eat? Can anyone explain the inconsistency of effects even with something so precisely measured? I wonder if digesting it is the inconsistent factor. Am I the only one with this "issue?"

And does grapefruit really potentiate the effects?

Evil shit man days like today just make me regret ever touching the stuff. I can't tell if I'm suffering or in paradise when I'm on oxy--probably both. I try to use humor and go on about my life and remain functional but the truth is I can't stand how dependent I've become. I want to become clean as much as I want to use.

Last edited:
Yes taking drugs before you eat tends to increase absorption when they're taken orally.

Grapefruit does indeed potentiate oxycodone and other opiates, but if you buy grapefruit juice you need white grapefruit juice specifically. You can also just eat a grapefruit, they're delicious.

With oxy it really is both suffering or in paradise, it is a good idea to taper down and quit while you're ahead because if you're still feeling anything off 10mg you have a very low tolerance and physically the withdrawals will be very mild right now. The longer you keep a habit going the more painful it will eventually be to stop.

I was always like that, same heroine or pills and a different buzz every day.
I would take the above advice and quit while ahead
I started low on pills then higher then heroin for over 10 years. Just recently clean off methadone and you have no clue the hell you are heading for. Please think about it and take advice from people who have had their lives destroyed.
I found nothing really potentates it unless its more drugs

When I'm not on opiates I want to be on opiates. And when I'm on opiates I want to be off them.

You can never win lol. There's defiitely something seductive about them and the thought of anyone taking them away from me or the idea of living without them is terrifying. I was only on kratom for a year and truly thought I was out of the woods--problem is I relapsed in October and the kratom shot my oxy tolerance SKY HIGH. I'm fearful of the plateau of never-ending brain fog and a lack of natural feel good feelings without them. It's definitely far easier to keep using than to go through the tedious process of stopping and waiting for months on end for your brain to recover feeling like it never will. I feel trapped.

When I'm not on opiates I want to be on opiates. And when I'm on opiates I want to be off them.

You can never win lol. There's defiitely something seductive about them and the thought of anyone taking them away from me or the idea of living without them is terrifying. I was only on kratom for a year and truly thought I was out of the woods--problem is I relapsed in October and the kratom shot my oxy tolerance SKY HIGH. I'm fearful of the plateau of never-ending brain fog and a lack of natural feel good feelings without them. It's definitely far easier to keep using than to go through the tedious process of stopping and waiting for months on end for your brain to recover feeling like it never will. I feel trapped.

The brain fog and never ending lack of feel good chemicals adjustment period will just get longer the longer you keep using. I've been fighting this battle for 20yrs straight and the consequences just keep compounding.

The brain fog and never ending lack of feel good chemicals adjustment period will just get longer the longer you keep using. I've been fighting this battle for 20yrs straight and the consequences just keep compounding.

Can you tell me if you've had exp ever getting truly sober and past the post-withdrawal depression/plateau period? How long does it take people to recover 100% if they don't touch oxy again?

It's different for everyone. I still felt fucked up a year later after coming off a 10yr methadone and xanax habit that was proceeded by 5 or so years heroin and oxy abuse. That was the longest clean time I ever had. I had another 9mths after a relapse and got emotionally strung out over a girl. I can tell you that I feel substantially better with every kick then that first one. It has been a progressive thing for me of 3 steps forward 2 steps back.

It's different for everyone. I still felt fucked up a year later after coming off a 10yr methadone and xanax habit that was proceeded by 5 or so years heroin and oxy abuse. That was the longest clean time I ever had. I had another 9mths after a relapse and got emotionally strung out over a girl. I can tell you that I feel substantially better with every kick then that first one. It has been a progressive thing for me of 3 steps forward 2 steps back.

Good luck mate I know how awful it is to be lovesick and dopesick at the same time lol