• ✍️ WORDS ✍️

Welcome Guest!

• Words Moderators: Mysterier

Inarticulate Wail of Protest about "Tech"

MrsGamp

Bluelighter
What the fuck has happened since the late 90s/early 2000s?

I'm not going to go on about the internet because I am sure most people can see that increasingly, the internet mostly a fuisillade of nuisance-value. It seems deliberate.

Many people much better qualified than me to comment have written about the capitalistic appropriation of the internet in recent years.

What I am talking about is deliberate time wasting crap that anyone online must now cope with, as they fight their losing battle to do the stuff that they originally intended to do when they "jumped online".

Not just the internet, either. Even offline the applications are increasingly meant to cripple you.

I am so sick of having to get rid of "notifications" or unasked for "help" while trying to read or write on my computer. Like having to tick a box that says "GOT IT" in order to make some bullshitty thing GO AWAY.

I'm sure someone will say, "you can block all that stuff".

Not without descending into vortexes like "Settings", though.

Is anything more time-wasting and dull and infuratiating that fucking about with

"SETTINGS"????

By the way, I used to be capable of articulating what I mean much more clearly and cleverly.

But the TECHNOLOGY is increasingly robbing me of my ability to concentrate for longer than about ten seconds at a time...

SO LIKE THE DUMB ASS I'VE BECOME, I"M DEPENDING ON

CHANGING FONT SIZE

to make my frustrations palpable, if not intelligible.

My eyes are disconnected from my head is disconnected from my body.