• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

In your opinion, what is the point of life?

Everything is an interpretation now, isn't it? Everything is subjective, isn't it, outside the scope of "objective truth", which most would argue doesn't exist. Anthropomorphism is the attribution of human-like qualities onto non-human subjects, such as inanimate objects, plants, animals, etc., and doesn't apply per se, within the context of my self-referential comment. So in the absence of "objective truth", what are you left with? You are left with an interpretation of the self, which is what all human beings are confronted with ultimately. So you interpret, and I interpret. Welcome to humanity.
indeed. what I wanted to say was "vermenschlicht"/"anthropologisiert". happens sometimes when i'm tired
No, objective truth certainly exists. If I measure a wall, and say it's 4 meters, you can measure it and see it is.
If we see a color, you see it as yellow, i see it as blue, but in truth it is red, the objective truth is that it is red, and we will both agree on that. Everything that can be measured and tested can be objectively true, inside reality

A rollercoaster of experiences full of both negative and positive emotions, a path of learning, growing and transformation before u reach a state of enlightenment.

If we find that funny it should be. Nature made it so you can not have life without death. (humor) So as soon as you are born you are dying. And life is to learn how to die gracefully. We all have a terminal illness called life. At some point we get to that place where the topic comes up. We wonder what are we doing here. The mind will not know, it just knows how to navigate around. But the heart knows.

do they?

i am not convinced clouds have a purpose, other than the purpose that we conscious beings gift them.
Without clouds we conscious beings wouldn't even exist
In order to even be born and able to become a douchebag later in life in order to doubt the power of the cloud: all these are gifts of the clouds, to you.

I'm sorry, but this whole philosophical branch of "thinking about the use of stuff that grants me life" is so dumb i want to shoot myself with a carrot

No point whatsoever..
IMO, which is shit honestly...
Nothing anyone has ever done has actually changed anything. If there was a point in life that means there would be an end goal.
There is no end goal, and the saying "to each their own" seems fit.
So being a good person, creating things, prolonging life, curing disease, creating life..
it all ends the same way as say people-
Causing Holocausts, destroying works of art, spreading disease, causing pain and or hurting others. Ending life...
We are all here until we are not. Only outcome changes rules in the world we call life.

If we find that funny it should be. Nature made it so you can not have life without death. (humor) So as soon as you are born you are dying. And life is to learn how to die gracefully. We all have a terminal illness called life. At some point we get to that place where the topic comes up. We wonder what are we doing here. The mind will not know, it just knows how to navigate around. But the heart knows.
Beautiful said.We carry on...."some stagger and fall..after all is not easy..bending your hearts against some mad bugger's wall".End of the album

Based on my belief into souls and spirits, possibly reincarnation I think the reason of life might be to evolve past our boundaries but I'm by no ways sure nor do I have the slightest idea how to achieve that. Many indigen cultures used/use psychedelics though, maybe they can offer more than just a trip. Maybe it's all just a momentary spark of energy in a big empty universe.

I believe the point of life is to make some meaning out of a inherently meaningless existence. That and fuck and get high

No point, just a logical development of evolution. If there hadn't been a fuck off sized meteor/comet hit Mexico, 65 million years ago, I'm fairly certain some species would have become sentient. I mean, look at the crow family and how clever they are. It would be different to our sentience, but sentience, none the less (and yes, I know they used such an idea for an episode of Star Trek-Voyager! 😁)