• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

In your opinion, what is the point of life?

I really don't know. This is a question that could be interpreted a few ways too, depending on people's spiritual beliefs.

If we're talking "what is the biological purpose of me?" it's to try and attract a healthy partner to procreate with imo.

If you mean "what should we do with our time on earth?" then Jesus where to start!? In a nutshell to experience as much as we can trying and make your little place in the world a better place wherever you can. Trying to invoke joy and not misery in those around you. Easier said than done though...

What do you think OP?

It’s meaningless dude, Find humor in it. and Helping someone who needs help will help you in fact. Carmic debt is real
Used to agree with you, but psychedelics have pulled me away from nihilism. I'm not entirely sure what my purpose is yet. But I see it as something along along the lines of enjoying life, experiencing as much as possible, leaving a positive impact on the world and the people around you by creating/joining something greater than yourself and helping others, and just becoming the best version of yourself possible.

To reproduce and fertilize the soil with our waste (and eventually our body).

On an individual level you can become though, knowing your self. For 99% of humanity though, they are just mud. Instinctual mud, that rises up and eventually sinks back in.

leaving a positive impact on the world and the people around you by creating/joining something greater than yourself and helping others, and just becoming the best version of yourself possible.
I take it you reject a None-duality view upon life?

To experience mortality. Only in a fleeting life can we truly cherish it.
The existence of pain makes us that much more greatful when we're not experiencing it,
the experience of sadness helps us to cherish happiness, and so on.

Without the negative inputs, we would not be able to put meaning to the positive inputs,
because otherwise there would be an overflow of positive inputs, making them more and more meaningless.

I don't think we're supposed to give meaning to life, life already has that meaning.
A relatively short fleeting life span, you're going to fill this life with many experiences, and you will cherish those experiences the more you've been hurt before. It's beautiful and it's very meaningful, it gives us an idea of what it means running from death day by day.
"We start dying the day we're born", not entirely sure where this was said, probably 100s of times, who cares rly, but it is very true,
and we're aware of that fact relatively early on in life. We are going to die, no matter what we do, now the question is what to do with life?

I'm very thankful for this experience. Since childhood I've had some memories I call "Old lives", my docs called them paranoid schizophrenia, they are lots of memories without any logical connection to my life. We could either be right, but I very much believe that the essence of what is us will not go away. All energy has to go somewhere, it never disappears.

The purpose of life is to find the purpose of suffering.

The meaning of life is to find the meaning in life... It's the search that creates us, that defines us, that propels us... towards everything.

Sounds a bit silly but that's what I believe.

I don't believe in the devil, but if there was a devil his name would be Nihilism.

The purpose of life is to find the purpose of suffering.

The meaning of life is to find the meaning in life... It's the search that creates us, that defines us, that propels us... towards everything.

Sounds a bit silly but that's what I believe.

I don't believe in the devil, but if there was a devil his name would be Nihilism.
exactly. Suffering and pain are key to achieving true happiness.
Funny, huh

exactly. Suffering and pain are key to achieving true happiness.
Funny, huh
indeed almost paradoxical but true

The countries that rank highest in happiness and lowest in suicide are poor 3rd world countries. Western society has attempted to remove everything bad in life and now have the lowest life satisfaction.

indeed almost paradoxical but true

The countries that rank highest in happiness and lowest in suicide are poor 3rd world countries. Western society has attempted to remove everything bad in life and now have the lowest life satisfaction.
Exactly. Too many positive inputs always have the effect of oversaturation.
Meaning, the smallest bad thing will make an elephant out of a fly,
and the biggest good thing will be worth next to nothing.

It's like when you keep your child away from sadness, and give it a "perfect" childhood
and when it's an adult it cannot deal with the feeling on itself or on others.

Tbh I had a fucking terrible childhood. I was scared of my dad cuz he beat me, threatened to beat me, threatened to put me on the lowest path of education or into a mental asylum, almost choked me to death when I was 3 years old, and so on. Then there's the Aspies and Schizo, I kept hearing voices from under my bed,
let's say I was a child scared to shit all the time. Today nothing scares me, and even the smallest friendly gesture will make me happy for weeks. So for me it's kinda the reverse, the smallest good thing will be super amazing, and the biggest bad thing will be like "Eh, ok."
So who had the better childhood in retrospect?

Last edited:
"We start dying the day we're born", not entirely sure where this was said, probably 100s of times, who cares rly, but it is very true,
and we're aware of that fact relatively early on in life. We are going to die, no matter what we do, now the question is what to do with life?
Someone who views that subject the same as I do.
It was from that logic I learned of Aghora & I was blown away by their path which is something I've wanted to take up or some time though most Western people would pass out from Terror learning what that actually means.

What do you think we’re here for?
May be man could have a bit of this answer shortly before he dies.May be this answer comes like revelation just in the End?And the answer is different for every human?For sure this is in category:"Are we alone in space?",What is life or what is death"?"Is there God?","which came first-the egg or the hen"? and so on...

Someone who views that subject the same as I do.
It was from that logic I learned of Aghora & I was blown away by their path which is something I've wanted to take up or some time though most Western people would pass out from Terror learning what that actually means.
I mean I'm sure there are perks to honoring the destroyer, all death is foundation for new life,
that's the flip side of the coin nobody wants to look at. Death is something beautiful, a reward at the end of life,
yet we fear it, because we don't want to understand its fundamental idea.

Without the terror of death lurking behind us, how would we ever achieve anything?
Why would we even want to learn as much as possible, if our life-spans were thousands of years long?
Without the pressure of the Grim Reaper, we would not be as ambitious as we are, as a species.
We're aware of Death, and it pushes us further and further, to find answer upon answer of how to either inflict it, or prevent it.

We would not have the ambition to "live life to the fullest" if death wasn't a constant in our lives, why would anyone even bother?
I often get the feeling that many of us do not cherish this opportunity they got. Experiencing pain, mistakes, sadness, death,
it makes us stronger, more resilient. I think Death has been the key motivator in the technological and medical advancements of humanity,
change my mind anyone, I'll wait.

In a very bizarre way, Death is the meaning of life, or better said: Death is what gives life meaning