• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Miscellaneous (In my subjective opinion) Mushrooms are waaaay better than LSD

I find LSD to be more cartoonish and more intense, shrooms are lighter and feel more natural and subtle. Never had anything like the breakthroughs I had on acid with shrooms, but that is just me. I don't like puking so LSD has the edge for me.

5-10 g doses?Never exceed 2g and see no point of doing it.talk about high mountain sort
Experience that is induced from 4-6 grams dose (psilocybe cubensis) is not even comparable with lower doses where you still can resist. It is not for everybody, as neither taking psychedelics at all is, but I have completely ditched lower dosing. Except taking only 1 gram for walk through the woods.

Remember, this is my own experience that I am writing about. Some people have body chemistry and for them to experience the same level is enough to take half I am taking. Objective and especially subjective component plays the biggest role with the psychedelic class of drugs. But there is very distinct qualitative difference of the trip between taking 2 grams of mashrooms and 6 grams (talking about home grown psilocybe cubensis).

I will repeat once again - this all comes from my experience and the effects I get. It could be totally different for you and some people should stay away from these substances.

Take care!

Last edited by a moderator:
Experience that is induced from 4-6 grams dose (psilocybe cubensis) is not even comparable with lower doses where you still can resist. It is not for everybody, as neither taking psychedelics at all is, but I have completely ditched lower dosing. Except taking only 1 gram for walk through the woods.

Remember, this is my own experience that I am writing about. Some people have body chemistry and for them to experience the same level is enough to take half I am taking. Objective and especially subjective component plays the biggest role with the psychedelic class of drugs. But there is very distinct qualitative difference of the trip between taking 2 grams of mashrooms and 6 grams (talking about home grown psilocybe cubensis).

I will repeat once again - this all comes from my experience and the effects I get. It could be totally different for you and some people should stay away from these substances.

Take care!
Shrooms that i collect in the wild are far more potent than cubensis.In fact that is the most potent kind-psylocibe semilanceata.I had grown different types of cubensis in the past and they are good,vut nothing like semilanceata.A tiny mushrooms,but with psylocibine content about 1.5percent....even the most powerful cubensis strains rarely exceed 1 percent.Mixing two sorts are even better.If you still live in your country I am almost sure,that you can find some high in the Dinari mountain in late fall.

Last edited:
I prefer lsd for outdoor activities or social gatherings.
Mushrooms for solitude in a dark room with headphones.

Mushrooms are pretty much universally considered more visually beautiful than LSD, but you can't beat acid's analytically manic headspace. It's also so damn fun to talk to people and draw on Acid, Shrooms pretty much invariably make me want to lay down. At high doses I pretty much become a cadaver. I Love them both equally for different reasons and I am sure OP will too some day.

Mushrooms are pretty much universally considered more visually beautiful than LSD, but you can't beat acid's analytically manic headspace. It's also so damn fun to talk to people and draw on Acid, Shrooms pretty much invariably make me want to lay down. At high doses I pretty much become a cadaver. I Love them both equally for different reasons and I am sure OP will too some day.
no they are not lol. I have maxed out how high u can get on mushrooms and LSD. with all sorts of combos dosages. LSD beats most psychedelic in the visual department easily expect for DMT

no they are not lol. I have maxed out how high u can get on mushrooms and LSD. with all sorts of combos dosages. LSD beats most psychedelic in the visual department easily expect for DMT
thats so weird! Everyone in my circle says DMT is the most beautiful of them all. Honestly I'm jealous of you as LSD is pretty tame visually compared to the tryptamines (at least for me). Not to say 250 mcg lsd trips aren't crazy visual, just for how psychologically intense the trip is, the visuals aren't as prominent as they would be on shrooms. Love LSD regardless.

My "near universal" claim is entirely from what I've encountered people saying anecdotally and my own experience. Actual proof of my claim would be polling, which I do not have so take what I say with a grain of salt.

thats so weird! Everyone in my circle says DMT is the most beautiful of them all. Honestly I'm jealous of you as LSD is pretty tame visually compared to the tryptamines (at least for me). Not to say 250 mcg lsd trips aren't crazy visual, just for how psychologically intense the trip is, the visuals aren't as prominent as they would be on shrooms. Love LSD regardless.
you aint getting 250 ug lsd then. 250 ug lsd is when the entire universe dissolves and ur body is crushed and ur ego dissolves and everything is a fractal energy

you aint getting 250 ug lsd then. 250 ug lsd is when the entire universe dissolves and ur body is crushed and ur ego dissolves and everything is a fractal energy
do you usually smoke when you trip? I have had visual experiences on LSD that are indifferentiable from real life and incredibly complex on lower doses of LSD than 250 mcg, but always when I smoke. I haven't heard of ego death on 250 before now. I have felt the beginning stages of such an experience though. I just might be a weird case because I smoke maybe twice a year:

I got some acid once and took a tab and fell into the black void for a timeless eternity and then spent an hour or two trying to remember that I was a thing and that was a human and that I was a specific human. From the same batch a few months later, without tripping at all inbetween, I took 3 tabs. The ego and the universe remained and it felt like a beautiful celebration of life and connection. I once took 8 tabs of acid that was active at 1 tab, so that must have been at least 400ug. It showed me some important things about the structure of the mind, there were lots of rainbow snakes, but my ego and the world remained intact.

Over the years I've taken mushrooms and acid perhaps 50 times each of various doses up to 7g for mushrooms and who knows how many ug for acid since blotters and liquid are of unknown strength. I've taken them over decades and as life changes, so do the trips. Looking back I can see different phases of what tripping was like, and what I notice is that the phase of life and where I was had much more of an impact on what my trips were like than the substance. For example on period there was a lot of difficult experiences where I learned a lot, and all though the energetic feeling of the drugs were different, the emotional difficulty and types of insight were very similar. there were other periods of different kinds of learning, different types of challenges that were encountered.

In the past few years I've come to a place of much greater sense of security and wellbeing. The trips are becoming less about personal stuff and I'm not sure where they are headed. I'm curious about working my way up to really high mushroom doses and exploring what that might be like. I wonder if now that there is less personal material to work through if the differences between drugs will stand out more.

This may be true for you but it isn’t an absolute truth. We all react differently to psychedelics.
250 ug may be enough for some, too much for others and not enough for a 3rd group.

I much prefer LSD in every way.

However, I do get a bit jealous of the music appreciation mushrooms provide. I don't get the euphoric jaw dropping effect music has on mushrooms while taking LSD. My favorite thing to do on mushrooms is listen to music, while on LSD I typically become extroverted and watch movies, go outside or play video games (whatever really).
Really? See for me, I get the most music appreciation out of LSD, which is actually one reason why I prefer it.

Also, it surprises me how willing some people are to eat mushrooms but not acid. Mushrooms are confusing as fuck; they will spin my world up, scramble my brains, couch-lock my dumbass and leave me hypnotized and lost in a reverie. Acid is much more functional for me, so I see what you’re saying about being active. But one of my absolute favorite things to do is to dance while on acid. Dancing and LSD were just made for each other, whereas mushrooms do nothing for my coordination.

Psilocin works only on certain serotonin and adrenaline sites, whereas LSD hits a wide swath of additional receptor types including dopamine and sigma receptors. Coupled with its potency and the ease with which it can be smuggled, it’s hard not to think of LSD as the king of psychedelics, for me anyway.

Also, it surprises me how willing some people are to eat mushrooms but not acid
I think people have this natural bias thinking shrooms are safer because they're "natural", which is really a bit misguided since everything is all chemicals, whether it was made in a lab or in nature.

And yeah, acid is way more functional. I've gone to work still high on LSD several times, but wouldn't dare doing that on shrooms.