• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Immodium making me shit more ?

Invisible Helper

Bluelighter
So I started taking immodium first time ever because I'm tapering IV H use . I take 6-10 mgs at once maybe 4 mgs sometimes and it makes me fart more and actually made me shit more than I did when I only shot up H. Could it be that the taper is making me shit so bad that it's over riding the immodium strength ?

Lol any info would be nice , and also I can't quite feel the effects of immodium in terms of helping my withdrawals . I've only taken it 4-5 times in my life which was this last week and a half, highest dose is 10 mgs at once, is that not enough to get the benefit? I also take Advil PM to help me sleep each pill is 200 mg ibuprofen 37 mgs dyphenhydramine to help me sleep usually take 1 or 1.5 of those to help me sleep during taper (I guess this is a 2 part question thread) which is around 55 mgs dyphenhydramine . When is it too much of dyphen? Is it okay to take up to 100+ mgs ? Also is doxylamine succinate cool to mix with DXM and dyphenhydramine? Cause sometimes I mix unisom with Advil PM and such anyways thanks guys !

The immodium most likely doesnt have as powerful of an opioid-effect on the gastrointestinal tract as your heroin did, so youre actually just shitting more than regular. Your dosage of immodium is relatively low for heroin withdrawals (from what ive seen. and it isnt a bad thing, the lower the better), so your intestines are most likely just readjusting to the lack of opiates in your system

Diphenhydramine is okay over 50mg but you might become delirious, especially if youre going to mix it with doxylamine succinate. Last time i was in withdrawals and couldnt sleep, both diphenhydramine and doxylamine made me delirious but didnt put me to sleep. It was agonizing.

If youre really trying to cut it off and you dont want to use kratom or other lesser opiates, i would advise nigella sative seed oil and some lyrica or gabapentin for restless legs and sleep

The immodium most likely doesnt have as powerful of an opioid-effect on the gastrointestinal tract as your heroin did, so youre actually just shitting more than regular. Your dosage of immodium is relatively low for heroin withdrawals (from what ive seen. and it isnt a bad thing, the lower the better), so your intestines are most likely just readjusting to the lack of opiates in your system

^ Yes! The immodium can't compete with the lack of heroin in your system, end of discusion. I'm not too sure you could safely take enough to actually make your problems better. As for Benadryl, I used to take 100 mg regularly to help with my sleep problems. It would work some nights and not others. Of course I wasn't adding anything else to the mix, so I'd be careful with that. Good Luck OP!

I'm scared of immodium so I'm trying to taper but no tapering with solely immodium mm it rather mixing it with H lowering doses . Thanks for tha answers guys last answer anyone have any experience with immodium extensively ? Like what's too much to take at once or throughout the day and what's too many days in a row ? I do black tar about .4 a day IV thanks

I'm scared of immodium so I'm trying to taper but no tapering with solely immodium mm it rather mixing it with H lowering doses . Thanks for tha answers guys last answer anyone have any experience with immodium extensively ? Like what's too much to take at once or throughout the day and what's too many days in a row ? I do black tar about .4 a day IV thanks

hi, I'm a codeine addict in detox, when I was in withdrawal it would take around 20mg of Imodium to make me feel any better, so for a heroin addict u are gonna need way more! But be careful it can be so dangerous, I've heard of overdose and death in doses over 80-100mg, can also back u up pretty bad to the point you'd need some bowel surgery to help u poop.

I suggest 20mg then reduce down by 2mg each day once the withdrawals have hit their peak (day 3)

it it does help in small doses, as sore tummy and restless legs are my worst withdrawal symptoms and it does help my withdrawals about 60% good luck and stay safe.

Also try promethazine to sleep if it's available otc where u are, it will also help with any sickness. I usually only need 25-50mg to get a good nights sleep :)