Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

I'm going to rehab tomorrow morning - couple of questions

catching fish

Bluelighter
I'm due to be admitted to a private rehab (SPP) tomorrow morning to begin my journey towards a drug free life. My main issues have been opiates and benzos.

I decided on Friday I would go out for a few quiet drinks as a little 'last hurrah'. Those quiet drinks escalated somewhat, and it's now the afternoon on the day before admission, and I'm just polishing off the last of the 2 grams of crack I've been smoking since Friday, in addition to a shitload of morphine, benzos, etc.

I know they drug test you in rehab - is the insane amount of drugs in my system going to cause an issue with me being admitted?

Also, do they offer you bupe in there? My usual strategy for dealing with opiate withdrawals (if they aren't TOO severe), is to take a single large dose of Bupe about 8-12 hours after I really start rattling. I don't want to go in and start taking bupe every day, because that defeats the purpose of what I'm looking to achieve. Do you think they would give me bupe for one day? Could I just agree to take bupe and then after the first day say I don't want it any more?

Thanks guys.

Cheers

Thanks for the kind words - it means a lot.

One of my friends has attended both public and private rehabs and said they are very different. He said that the available medication in the public one was minimal, where as in the private one, the resident psychaitrist could prescribe bupe and even (I think methadone). He also said they weren't allowed to go to any AA or NA meetings in the public one and the available educational resources were selectively chosen - something to do with not allowing material from certain private organisations.

He said both programs were great. I think he got more out of the public one as it was a much longer stay.

If anyone who has experience with private rehab help me out with the questions in my original comment, that would be great.

Thanks

I did private in perth but my issue was amphets not opiates and benzos.

So the detox I diđ was in house and easy compared to opiate and benzo.

It was a great place to be and my god the food amazing.

The counselling was shit.

Best of luck love .

Its a start. Its going to be long term and after you are out you will need on going support.