• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

If you just found out you had <1min to live, what would your greatest regret be?

not being able to eat Uncle Ben's microwaveable rice for the rest of my life

I'd argue 60 seconds isn't enough time to concern yourself with things like regret. I'd probably try to shotgun a beer and listen to Hendrix - All Along the Watchtower or something. If I'm lucky I'd get 2 beers into me.

60 seconds is a fair amount of time. Probably 20 second to actually shotgun a beer. ~30 seconds to hear the opening to the song.

:? son of a gonad changer. . Ok no clue if or how this is gonna turn out as I seem to be experiencing difficulty with writing truck all. In the event this actually appears, biggest regret: At 50 yrs old, I accomplished truck all with my life. Sorrow at having been a HUGE disappointment to Mom, especially as her only child, that my life unfortunately has been a waste in my familie's eyes. They never said it in those cut an dry words, but it's how they look at me,, or don't. I know Mom wishes she had had an abortion after being date raped back in late Dec of 1963 cause although drop dead gorgeous and charming, my birth father was a loser and never worked an honest day in his life. Although I did work 28 years, it was dead end low paying jobs as fear ruled most my life. She has never said so, but I am intuitive to other's feelings and my regret is that Mom did not accept my grandparent's offer of letting them fly her out to a country where abortion was safe and legal. She was/is a damn great stage actress with talents I could only dream of, and she probably would have been a giant success as a stage actress. It was all set for her to go play a lead role in NYC, she was on her way, then the rape and her choice to abandon her career changed all that. I'd take my life back and let her live her dream or try if I could and be grateful all the pain, regret, heartache I caused as well as disappointment erased and we would never have to have felt it.[COLOR="#cc006l6"][/COLOR]

I have learnt to live without regret. I have definitely not lead an ideal life. But what the heck! No use living in regret celebrate the good times.
I think I would be more overwhelmed with the anticipation and joy of my next step into the unknown.
Also my physical body is pretty had it, I am in a truck load of pain amongst other things. I think the rest may be well deserved.

Holy shit, my greatest regret would b that I didn't know an hour earlier so I could cry and love in my mothers arms surrounded by family, therfore I'd have to rush around and die in haste.

I'm going to have nightmares now, I better go check on my mother. I just poured her tea with a note. I'll check the sisters too, and the bro. God bless and love them. Odd bcause I believe in no god.

<3

Last edited:
Someone told me today they got this question in an interview once. (Talk about getting put on the spot!) In that spirit, I encourage everyone to post their first and most immediate response, as it's likely to be the most honest.

I think I'd most regret having never written anything of any length (except BL posts).

I'd regret I didn't have at least a few hours so I could take a huge dose of opiates and eat a half gallon of rocky road ice cream and have a couple of cigs and listen to some of my favorite songs. Other than that I'd feel a great sense of relief and no regrets.

I'd regret I didn't have at least a few hours so I could take a huge dose of opiates

Lol, before reading your response I was thinking "regretting not having a heroin shot ready".

But I don't really understand the real question. As in my whole life regret? Not following my real love passion, and trying to cater to certain people (especially a woman) who could have done as well without me. I would (and do) really regret not having the balls to just go for the one woman I've loved all my life.

That's a common regret among men. However knowing what I know about human affairs and relationships now it might be better this way. At least we still have a dream of what might have been. That's what I believe for myself unfortunately.

The day I let heroin take up ~6 years of my life and caused me more pain than I could stand spiritually.

I no longer shoot dope, fortunately.