• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

If you just found out you had <1min to live, what would your greatest regret be?

MyDoorsAreOpen

Bluelight Crew
Someone told me today they got this question in an interview once. (Talk about getting put on the spot!) In that spirit, I encourage everyone to post their first and most immediate response, as it's likely to be the most honest.

I think I'd most regret having never written anything of any length (except BL posts).

That I only had less than one minute to live, and that I didn't get much warning beforehand. I guess it wouldn't really be regret, but bottomless rage.

fathering a son to carry on my name and legacy

oh and never getting that last loving touch from her

Not knowing what would have happened if I married someone instead of abandoning them for a brain dead whore like I ended up doing

...but I'd get over that really quick upon remembering I can achieve orgasm in under 60 seconds in a pinch and would go out with a bang

Wow, this thread has already brought up some pretty heavy stuff...

My biggest regret? Not loving myself, particularly my body, as much as ought have.

----

Off topic: Looks like Thanatos has found himself a nice little nest in PnS, seeing that SLR wouldn't have exactly been welcoming =D

i'd regret simply not being with all those whom i love at that moment to tell them of the honour it had been to have shared some time in their presence, and that I wished them all the very best in life.

Not practicing meditation (and spirituality in general) as much as I could have.

Having not seen more of the amazing world in which i inhabit.

^ - It would of originally been 'never telling my parents i love them', but after an emotional breakdown a few months ago, i felt compelled to that instant.

A minute is hardly enough time to compose some really magnificent regrets. I'd have to skip regrets and just send out a quick txt to everyone in my contacts. Maybe "it's been grand everybody.was nice hangin w/ you all.some of my behavior can be explained by the fact much of the time I had no clue as to what was going on" That's 156 characters, if I were very luck I cold get that down to 140 & press send.

I'd regret going out before I was able to fuck a girl from every race.

My one regret would be having the knowledge of my immanent death--I wouldn't want to know until I was actually passing.

I try not to live with regrets; everything happens for a reason in my book.

That I wasted my life away and accomplished nothing. Even though I'm still young, I feel like my life is quite fruitless at the moment.

regret i didnt have my girl in my arms

regret that i didnt have dope for one last rush

Not knowing true love. I've recently been wondering if I've actually encountered it, or if I have been too "in the moment" to realize that I've been fooled by a few lovers. Other than that, I would be really scared to know I was dying!

Having spent most of my life being what I thought others wanted me to be, rather than knowing it was okay to be who I am.

I don't think I'd regret anything I did (I'm pretty sure everyone's forgotten all that embarassing stuff...I hope). Yeah, I haven't seen the world or _____ or whatever, but after I'm dead I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be sitting around wishing I'd gone to India. And I know I work my hardest at everything I do, so I know I put in my best effort while I was alive.

I'd be pissed that I wasn't in a group hug with the people I love though.

Also, I have less than a minute? I'd probably just cry. Because I wasn't with my people. Or have an anxiety attack. i'm pretty sure there wouldn't be much deep thinking going on there.

Last edited:
That's pretty tough. I wouldn't think about regrets.

I'd want to catch a last glimpse of beauty and the regret would be not doing exactly that.

i would regret never being able to view the world through LSDeyes.. that's true beauty