• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids If it's soluble, does that mean it's opium?

papercuts

Bluelighter
Say I had some opium poppy pods and wanted to know the opium content.
So I know opium is water soluble, I crush the dried pods and wash them with an expresso machine, then more boiled water in a flask shaken and separated, each time going through a fine 800 mesh filter so I'm not losing anything that doesn't dissolve.
Then put the solids to dry and weigh them before and after.

What I've discovered is from 100g, the solids are 73.5g
and 26.5g washed away down my throat.

Does that mean I've got 26.5% opium in my pods?

Say I had some opium poppy pods and wanted to know the opium content.
So I know opium is water soluble, I crush the dried pods and wash them with an expresso machine, then more boiled water in a flask shaken and separated, each time going through a fine 800 mesh filter so I'm not losing anything that doesn't dissolve.
Then put the solids to dry and weigh them before and after.

What I've discovered is from 100g, the solids are 73.5g
and 26.5g washed away down my throat.

Does that mean I've got 26.5% opium in my pods?
No, you are pulling a bunch of other shit too…plant fats waxes ect. They can be easily separated from your pulls but there is even more shit that takes a lot more work to remove that will still leave you with a pretty diluted “opium”…anyway, when I would be at a g a day heroin habit I could typically take 10-15g of my pod extract and feel totally fine, I don’t know how that translates but I’m guessing 5mg good shit per gram opium extract…

And tbh best method Iv found is just simmer for atleast a couple hours, I like to do 24hr, then simmer off to a thick goop, from there you can redissolve in a minimum of water and get a bunch of the less dissolvable shit out or just use it

I could typically take 10-15g of my pod extract
Is that the extracted goo, or the whole pod pulverised?
I'm staying on about 20g a day powder right now, but feeling quite rough since I ditched my buprenorphine three weeks ago.
I'm just trying to stay stable on pods alone, see if I can do that, keep the bupe for a rainy day.
I've made concentrated forms before, but I find it too time consuming, easier just to drink all that healthy water with it.

Is that the extracted goo, or the whole pod pulverised?
I'm staying on about 20g a day powder right now, but feeling quite rough since I ditched my buprenorphine three weeks ago.
I'm just trying to stay stable on pods alone, see if I can do that, keep the bupe for a rainy day.
I've made concentrated forms before, but I find it too time consuming, easier just to drink all that healthy water with it.
Extracted goo, 5g is about 1tsp, so in horrible wd I can take 2-3 tsp and feel 100% normal no wd at all and if I’m freaking out I can take another 3-4tsp and nod myself out, but I try to keep to 1-2tsp at a time…pods really are the most amazing thing iv found, I hear people talking about wd and suffering and I’m just thinking just order some pods and you’ll be fine…but trust me if your using pods regularly your gonna want to concentrate it, drinking all that water makes me sick just thinking about it, also helps even out your dose since 20g pod powder could have more or less opioids in it than the next 20g pod powder, really helps find a standard working dose

Last edited: