• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe If I taper down on Bupe for a week, will I get precipitated WD's when I take a bigger dose?

Mayo_Tree

Bluelighter
Situation: I'm currently on Bupe (Subs) for opiate management. They've lowered my dose from 12mg to 10mg on Wednesday, and I'm intending to taper at my own speed over the coming week.

Question is, if I lower my dose over the next week, and they give me 10mg's all at once next Wednesday, will I get precipitated w/d? Will I get a buzz?

What will happen?

Example: Today I decided to insufflate my dose instead of sublingual ROA as usual. I only took 4mg (2mg per nostril), and I plan on taking another 4mg in a few minutes. This will bring me to 8mg total, and give me an extra 2mg that I can maybe put aside for a rainy day.

In my experience, Subs/Bupe is good to get high on when ones tolerance is low, providing they do it correctly (i.e., lower dose + wait a couple hours, etc.). So, I'm wondering if I can lower it myself, but then will I be okay when they give me my next dose at the pharmacy in 5 days?

Thanks, much love to all. <3

Situation: I'm currently on Bupe (Subs) for opiate management. They've lowered my dose from 12mg to 10mg on Wednesday, and I'm intending to taper at my own speed over the coming week.

Question is, if I lower my dose over the next week, and they give me 10mg's all at once next Wednesday, will I get precipitated w/d? Will I get a buzz?

What will happen?

Example: Today I decided to insufflate my dose instead of sublingual ROA as usual. I only took 4mg (2mg per nostril), and I plan on taking another 4mg in a few minutes. This will bring me to 8mg total, and give me an extra 2mg that I can maybe put aside for a rainy day.

In my experience, Subs/Bupe is good to get high on when ones tolerance is low, providing they do it correctly (i.e., lower dose + wait a couple hours, etc.). So, I'm wondering if I can lower it myself, but then will I be okay when they give me my next dose at the pharmacy in 5 days?

Thanks, much love to all. <3
So long as you aren't messing with any other opiate, since buprenorphine or Suboxone is a partial agonist, you'll be fine. You can drop the dose down to zero or take just enough to keep the wolf away from your door then crank it back up to whatever dose makes you feel comfortable or, if you like, gets you high. The more you taper down, presumably, the lower your tolerance for buprenorphine will be and the easier it'll be when you crank the dose back up to catch a buzz. But that's only if your otherwise clean from any other opiates.

No, as precipitated withdrawal only comes about when taking bupe too soon after another opioid. It's best to just take bupe as prescribed, that's how it works smoothest.

So long as you aren't messing with any other opiate, since buprenorphine or Suboxone is a partial agonist, you'll be fine. You can drop the dose down to zero or take just enough to keep the wolf away from your door then crank it back up to whatever dose makes you feel comfortable or, if you like, gets you high. The more you taper down, presumably, the lower your tolerance for buprenorphine will be and the easier it'll be when you crank the dose back up to catch a buzz. But that's only if your otherwise clean from any other opiates.
Ah, perfect, thank you. Not only is it what I hoped to hear (lol), it checks out with my own recreational experimentation with it, as an alternate to Oxy, etc.
I'll perhaps go into a bit more detail on that in the forthcoming reply to deficiT.

Thank you very much.

No, as precipitated withdrawal only comes about when taking bupe too soon after another opioid. It's best to just take bupe as prescribed, that's how it works smoothest.
Ah, thank you, I appreciate your reply. Indeed, Bupe is extremely efficient, in my view. I have a litle bit of experience with this drug, as I've used it exclusively as recreational in the absence of other opiates on a couple different occasions.

See, I know that there's like 90% absorption rate via insufflation, as opposed to around 30% sublingually. At least, that's what I read here and elsehwere, give or take. By sniffing it, it's so easy to taper down on one's own. I could literally be off it completely within 2 or 3 weeks, but the program I'm in insisted I take it sublingually ("It works better under the tongue, that's what its made for!" haha!) I mean, I know it is, and I know they mean well (and want to discourage the ritual of adiction behaviour, such as sniffing, and other things), but addicts and recreeational users know these meds much better than they do; they just know "the literature." 😏

I haven't really "felt it" aside from the first few days on the treatment, and it was maybe more nauseous than any euphoria. Totally shortlived also.

When I made this post, I felt it a bit that day, but not much. Next day I took it sublingually. And today I sniffed it again, but took 4mg, then another 4mg an hour or two after that. I actually felt a mild effect for a few hours. Plus, I'm not craving or anything. Since having 8mg's in my system, I have 2mg left aside (my pile is getting bigger! muhahaha....)

Can't wait to get sober, so I can get high. Amirite? (blecch!)

Thanks to you both, Blessed Midsummer.