• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids If I can't pee from tramadol is it safe to take water pills?

xxsicknessxx

Bluelighter
What else can i do to help me pee, thing is I take one water pill a day anyways but this is bothering me I'm not drinking any more water until I pee but just wondering couldn't I just take another water pill to force me to pee? I take them because normally i pee like three times a hour sometimes more so the water pills help. But the tramadol is making it hard to pee. I'm just worried because of my pre condition of peeing to much.. I sorry for the question but I can't ask my doctor.

Sickness, what's up buddy?

So, this probably seems like an annoyance at this point, but if you're not able to urinate, this could quickly become more serious. Your bladder is flexible and expandable, but only to a certain extent.

Are you experincing pain? How long has it been since you've urinated?

Yes its safe!

But what do you think about the inability to urinate man? I feel like every time I've experienced urinary retention from Opioids, it would ultimately resolve. I don't want this guy to get hurt, but I feel like it will most likely resolve on its own.

But what do you think about the inability to urinate man? I feel like every time I've experienced urinary retention from Opioids, it would ultimately resolve. I don't want this guy to get hurt, but I feel like it will most likely resolve on its own.

Could be a myriad of things but I'm not a board certified urologist. At least not anymore 😳

The inability to urinate is a medical emergency @xxsicknessxx How long has it been since you've emptied your bladder??
Back in 2017, I had urinary retention from opioid use. After about 12-15 hours of not being able to pee even though I felt like I needed to, and I could feel my bladder getting fuller, and I'd tried all the techniques suggested online, I presented to the ER. I'm really lucky I did, because they catheterised my urethra immediately and got 2 litres (68 fluid oz) of urine out of my bladder, which means it was close to actually exploding.

The water pill just makes you pee. It's a diuretic. I won't get hurt I won't let myself get hurt that's why I'm asking. I guess I'll just have to wait for the pills to wear off. I'll be fine. Thanks for the replies. Things are getting much better for me, I still have a long way to go but yea I just don't like having a problem peeing. It worried me at first but no pain. I've just had to sit down, and stand up and I'm not peeing much but I also stopped drinking anything so what could go wrong. Thanks again.

Hey, no problem dude. I've had this experience many times on higher dosages of Opioids. The best thing for me, was getting in the shower. Every time I got in the warm shower, I would eventually be able to.

Well let me give you the good news. My latest blood tests show lots of improvement. I'll just be very careful and go to the er if I think I need to.