• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Icy hot feeling in chest

Shaggstheplumber

Greenlighter
Hello everyone. I’ve been coming here for years for information on how to be safer with my issues. And for the first time I have a problem. I’m 35 and overweight I try to stay active as my job requires me to walk a lot. That being said I still struggle with my weight. This past weekend I got some meth from a friend and it was a great time. So I wanted to get some more. On Monday It didn’t seem like I did much more but I started having issues. Monday night my chest felt like there was icy hot on it it burned and burned so bad. I was able to get to sleep after a bunch of melatonin and weed. The next morning I felt ok but as the day went on it got pretty worse. I went to the er and they did all of the normal heart attack tests. Everything came back good and diagnosed me with severe indigestion. It’s day 3 now and I still feel the burning but it’s not as bad. Is there any way the hospital misdiagnosed me? Could I still he having issues? Has anyone else had the icy hot feeling 2 days after last dose? Any info would be appreciated. Thank you to everyone who has helped me over the years.

Did you eat much while you were doing the meth?

I have had severe indigestion from stim binges where I didn't eat much for a few days then ate a meal on the comedown.

Maybe its heartburn? The first time I had severe heartburn it felt like my chest was on fire.

"icy hot" sounds a bit weird... all the times I've had heartburn it was just hot, like breathing fire, not "icy hot"

Did you smoke it? I get why they tested you for a heart attack because you probably went in and said your chest hurt. If they knew you had been doing meth ( smoking it anyway ) they wouldn't have cared. But they would have X-rayed your lungs too.

Probably didn't do any permanent damage but think about how meth is made and then think about how the burned chemicals ( from smoking it ) would make your lungs feel. Probably a lot like Icy Hot. I can't imagine what every day meth smokers lungs look like. I mean they have to be damaged so maybe you should eat your meth from now on. It probably does more damage to the lungs than cigarettes does because the chemicals are harsher and the solvents after awhile are gonna burn holes in your lungs. I mean meth is just so caustic . If your lungs continue to hurt after the next few days just ask for a lung x-ray. Just say you have a really bad cough and think you have pneumonia.

I snorted it. And I ate a greasy Philly a couple hours before on Saturday. Then a porkchop Monday night after. Tuesday I didn’t eat a whole lot but had a bunch of coffee the morning of. They did a full heart attack work up on me. Is a chest X-ray different than a lung x ray? He gave me some mylanta with lidocaine in the er and it helped a lot for a while. I think I’m just being paranoid.

I think I’m just being paranoid.
possible

I mean, I once went to the urgent care thinking I was having a heart attack or had tumors in my neck (family history). Was having rather severe burning/fire like pains on the left side of my chest. They did scans/xray/EKG the whole thing.

Ended up being muscle inflammation, likely due to my poor posture and alcoholism. They prescribed an NSAID and a muscle relaxer which fixed it immediately and it never came back.

I snorted it. And I ate a greasy Philly a couple hours before on Saturday. Then a porkchop Monday night after. Tuesday I didn’t eat a whole lot but had a bunch of coffee the morning of. They did a full heart attack work up on me. Is a chest X-ray different than a lung x ray? He gave me some mylanta with lidocaine in the er and it helped a lot for a while. I think I’m just being paranoid.
Oh I see. Well then you are probably fine. Maybe a little paranoid and maybe just feeling some indigestion and such. Fatty foods and coffee will surely do it. No, a chest xray and a lung xray are the same thing. You had mentioned they just did " heart attack tests " so I thought you might have just gotten an EKG or something. Sounds like you will be just fine.