View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Ibogaine treatment and gabapentin?

Prescottdave

Bluelighter
Has anyone done ibogaine treatment while taking low doses of gabapentin 8 or so hours before? Is this safe? What about ibogaine and benzo's? I hope this is the correct spot to post this.

I'm not sure and at this point am not interested in speculating, but for background: are you prescribed such drugs? (The message being: regardless I wouldn't take them unless that were the case)

I had no interaction. Gabapentin has no effect on dopamine, serotonin, NE. It may have been a risk trying it but I haven't stumbled across anything that gabapentin interacts with so I felt ok about trying it. Have had multiple trials at higher doses and with microdosing and had no issues. Personally I won't skip a dose bc that puts me in gabapentin wd. I think some of the interactions are a bit overstated.

Benzos are considered ok if you are dependent. Usually they will Give it to you when you need to get some sleep if you have been up a while. Even when are non dependent they can give you one if you really need it. I wouldn't worry too much about the trip, it's pretty manageable and the ibo is pretty comforting ime if you are worried about the trip.

I don't think many clinics would take you on gabapentin however. You don't sound like you need to flood anyway. You could just microdose and get off the stuff just fine with microdosing. You can do that It home pretty safely.