• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

I want to stop "benzodiazepines" help me

mikeleman2

Greenlighter
I WANT TO STOP BENZODIAZEPINES
HELP ME

I WANT U TO WRITE YOUR OPINIONS PLS

My STORY is i went before 5 years to a doctor to help to cut using heroin
my 'doc' wrote to me bromazepam 6mg for anxiety xanax bars 2mg for anxiety and for sleeping and codeine 30 mg 400 paracetamul for pain.
the doses where:

bromazepam 96mg/day
xanax 8mg/day
and codeine 180mg/day

no after all these years cant STOP BENZOS I HAVE TRY IT AND MINIMIZE .THE DOSAGES BUT....
I am taking about
8mg xanax bars
24 bromazepam
and about 4-6mg flunitrazepam.... i know its shit

:(HELP ME
WHAT CAN I DO PLEASE:(

I WANT TO BE MY SELF AGAIN ANY IDEAS PLS

Last edited:
There is lots of information around here in OD on how to come off benzodiazepines and the gold standard proper way to do so is outlined in The Ashton Manual.

If you check the OD directory and search around, you'll find lots of information. Since this is rather broad and basic, I'm going to toss this over to BDD. FWIW, I'm studying addictions counseling so if there's anything I can do to help or questions to answer about getting clean, feel free to PM me.

--->BDD

A good taper is what you need to do.

Taper off the shorter acting first, and then use longer ones and a long taper to finish off

swich your dose of bromazepam and alprazolam into the equivelanet amount on valium... try diminishing by 10% every week, or if it is too hard to bear, diminish by 10% every two weeks... i's a long process, but if you rally are deermined to stom, this is he way patients suffered less.

Last edited:
use the search function.

"its a long process"
read (don't expect it to be easy an overnight)

look for some recent posts by K'd Out in Az, I know he has just kicked a 10 year benzo habit. And congrats to him for it.

i know thanks
i will try to diminish every week a light to see
how it goes....it is hard but i can't continue any more...........i want my life back
i am only 29 years old

benzos are dangerous to detox off, i suggest tapering with diazepam in a medical setting in case things go bad. support and relapse prevention is also important for benzo addiction recovery.

Honestly I would recommend going to a detox center for Benzo addiction. Benzos are so hellish to detox from it is beyond belief. Even after the shit is out of your system you don't recover for months. Basically severe anxiety and depersonalization last a long time - 5 months or more is typical for a heavy or long time user. Get help and know what to expect from detox.

PS - Don't listen to the Doctors about detox. They will tell you that you detox from benzos in 3 or 4 days with phenobarbitol and will suffer no lingering effects, lol. Talk to the users at a detox center. They will give you better info.

a benzo withdrawl is one of the most dangerous detoxes there is. the best thing would be a 5-7 day medically supervised in-patient detox program for someone like yourself with such a big habit.
i did a medical detox from methadone and benzos in a detox center in florida. they gave you a liquid concoction of opiates and benzos EVERY 4 hours for a week. gradually stepping down with each dose. since it's a medically supervised detox program the ppl there can prescribe other meds to help with the side effects such as insomnia, muscle cramps and anxiety.

5-7 days is way to short for that high a dose. Your looking at months.

Your safest and most effective bet is talking to your doctor. Hell start you on a valium taper.

5-7 days is way to short for that high a dose. Your looking at months.

Your safest and most effective bet is talking to your doctor. Hell start you on a valium taper.

it would be too short of a time if you used pills to taper down yourself, but i am refering to a 5-7 day in-patient medically supervised detox. they use a combination of medications every 4 hours over the course of 5-7 days. it is expensive but most insurance will cover it. i did one this summer to detox off methadone and klonopin. i was out of it pretty much the whole week, but was comfortable and was for the most part detoxed.

thats going to be a long taper if you wish to avoid bad withdrawal symptoms. as others said valium is probably the best benzo to come off mainly due to long half life, phenobarbital for benzo wd is toture and barbaric - like being given 50mg tramadol to help a huge iv heroin habit.

Taper the ones like flunitrzepam first or xanax is you have too many sleep probs.