• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin i want to quit heroin, but i don't see a reason to

Pertaining to the whole sudden event lif- setback, that's a good reason. Other than it literally driving me into debt for a short period of time (hopefully short) due to an event like mentioned above, my use has been fine and I've been thinking the same way.

I actually haven't been able to use recently (due to that event) and, just like you, I have nothing to fill the gaps with so I've just been getting more and more depressed. It's just so depressing being sober.

I don't even like benzos, but I've been using RC benzos (RC because v it's all i could afford) every single day just because it's better than being sober. I wake up, pop a pill, go to class if I have class that day, get home, pop a few pills and sleep for 5-6 hours, wake up to eat dinner, and then pop some more pills to sleep until the morning. I suppose with this being a harm reduction site though I'll have to recommend against doing that.

you sound like me when i was 20.... your cocky, how many times did you have to prove how hot you are? haven't you ever heard of quiet confidence ? Maybe if you were more humble, less superficial, and more real and substantive , you would land some girls.

Dude, no offense, but you are clueless. Your aloof perspective is no Bueno. If you don't plan to become an IV Heroin user, my best advice is to find a healthier coping skill. I've seen a 37 year old long time addict OD. Yeah, he was "revived", but was brain dead and died 3 days later in ICU.
It happens ALL the time. I completely understand the desire and need to self medicate. Get a hobby, meditate for hours a day or find a lesser evil vice. H will eventually get you..

^
exactly mabe sucking a dick for heroin is what will get you motivated

I am by no means handsome but I get girls. It has to do with confidence and how you carry yourself as a man. If that is your main problem why you think your life is bad enough that doing heroin is going to fill that void than you are sadly mistaken. Secondly, your cousins telling you your hot....thats weird.

Confidence, That is what is needed to kick the opiates, and also get a girlfriend. Don't think you can quit, Know you can quit.
Don't sit at home alone...that is where you will only be lost in your own problems. Do you have any good friends to pal around with?

Also, the above poster is right. Rock bottom is a horrible place to be. I won't get into my story but you are definitely not there yet.

So you have a shit ton of awesome advice from so many posters there OP....what are you going to do with it?

i agree with all the above posters.
i tried giving advices on what actually works to stay off opiates but it really doesn't sound like u want to quit. becus thats the thing with heroin.
"U dont want to stop when u can, but u can't quit when u finally want to."

im 22, raised in a great Christian family that supported me like no other, at 17 got accepted to Berklee College of Mesic with a 17000 dollar scholorship playing phenominal progressive rock guitar. at 18 before i even started going to the college i started drugs because i had the SAME exact mindset as u, thinking i can control my self and there is no reason to live sober, when u can live in bliss all day everyday.
but once u get to a point where u gotta snort up half grams a day and the only option is IV to safe financially, or just get grams a day to ful fill an all day long nod, u start realizing the damage ur doing to ur body, and ur surroundings.
even if you got OLD MONEY from ur ancestry and access to all the money in the world. u WILL get sick of doing heroin, but once u do, u wont be able to quit becus the withdrawals are gonna be fucking ridiculous. (PAWS) especially. i bet u haven't even experienced paws? u have to atleast go thru 2 weeks into detox, and about the 3rd week is when the horrible mental effects begin, and its FUCKING ridiculous (which than u WILL relapse)
so i honestly dont think you've reached rock bottom, becus like u said, ur able to financially support ur habit and that mindset itself has the gear holding on to u.

ill be expecting u to disagree with me. but its all cool.
just do the NMDA method i told u once ur finally ready to quit, that is the only method that will surely diminish PAWS the most out of all other detox methods.

u need to find a passion in life. i completely understand what u mean. for me, id rather be homeless than work some 9-5 that i hate. i would rather work for something worth while, world changing, life impacting, doing something positive. for example, look up Elon Musk, this guy LIVES, hes high everyday without using drugs! i admire this man, he impacts millions of lives everyday and impacts billions of lives that havent even been born yet! now obviously 99.9% of us will never achieve a life like his. but my point if u need to do WHATEVER it is you admire. go out and do it. ur a human and can do anything any other human can do. we continue to do drugs because we arent satisfied with our lives. THIS IS SCIENCE PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!! now either understand that and go out and get it. or enjoy ur opiate addiction! LOL good day m8!

if u havnet seen the moustopia addiction thing video yet ill try to find it now FOUNID IT!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ao8L-0nSYzg

now the only thing wrong with the experiment is they ddint put mice in that were previously addicted already... basically they need to re do the test with mice that are already addicted. but none the less, the video gets the point across. even with human examples that are real!

I would totally live in moustopia.....can you imagine all that free cheese?

it sounds to me like you just need a girlfriend. I've been saved from addiction by more than one of my girlfriends. they are the best way to get your life together. get out of the house. be confident. meet some hotties. find a keeper and get serious. seriously. so many single guys just flush their life away with drugs and alcohol. finding love really can be the answer.