• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

I took loperamide for 3 days

Jbird11

Bluelighter
I took loperamide for three days in hopes of using it to kick my heroin habit and it didn’t work so I figure since I relapsed I need to keep using for at least three days to let the loperamide exit my system so that when I start my withdraws again and use loperamide it won’t be so built up in my system to where those three days will get added on to the time that I use it to withdraw from heroin. Does that sound about right?

no, that sounds crazy. sooner you get back off the heroin, the easier it will be.
Really? But if I start again now then I can’t use loperamide for 6 days I would have to minus 3 days out of the 6 I will need cuz it’s built up in my system already for those 3 days?

better to have the loperamide issue you are describing than further dependence on heroin.

if you quit dope for three days and used for one, it’s not like you’re starting completely over. stick with it.

better to have the loperamide issue you are describing than further dependence on heroin.

if you quit dope for three days and used for one, it’s not like you’re starting completely over. stick with it.
Oh I guess I left out that part where I only had one day with no heroin ….I used loperamide for 2 days while using still to build it up in my system so I wouldn’t have to feel any withdrawals cuz I was reading that it can take 24 hours for the loperamide to take effect… and due to the fact that I have family responsibilities which means that I cannot afford getting sick… I took the loperamide for two days while still using even though it was small amounts of heroin

Lope in low dosages is pretty safe but when taken high dosed enough (anything above 40-60mgs probably depending on the individual, and there's no possibility to know in advance where you stay) it becomes centrally active (overloads the pump which shovels it out of the brain so significant enough fractions become able to occupy mu opioid receptors) and then single digit amounts can make the difference between life and death. We have members here which took more than 100mg and survived but there's absolutely no guarantee. Also it in general is said to be a shitty high with serious side effects (for example on the heart) and one sticks better with low dosages. Try your best to source some memantine, or pregabalin.