• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe I think it's time to jump... lookin for experience, strength & hope

Hello -- I'm on day 2 of cold turkey after years of using some filthy fent analogue with zero withdrawal. I've got subs just in case, but wondering if anyone else has ever dealt with the same. I feel like I'm waiting for a ticking timebomb to explode. Any thoughts?

I took an before I went to see Godzilla vs. King Kong last nite, and it was cool. It was a rare outing for and I enjoyed it. I am 10 days sub free, & things are good and get better all the time. I've lowered the kratom and keep doing it every couple days, taking less and less. I gotta say, it has helped so immensely during all this. Where it is needed, as at night time for sleep, and it works. The last few days sleeping has been normal. The other thing that is key, for me, is SWEAT. I workout for an hour everyday, & that is worth it's weight in gold, getting those natural endorphins running really does work. I am just happy to be free of the suboxone, and off the pharma wheel. I'm taking it slow, which is hard because my addicted mind wants everything Yesterday. I had a bit of guilt about taking the kratom in the beginning, but it's help has been so effective, and it gave me the space to step off the bupe with very minimal discomfort. It is THE TOOL I used to do this and I am very grateful for how it's helped. As i xhange my behaviors and develop a healthy routine, it will be phased out.

I wasn't sure I had another recovery in me, I've been battling this since my early 20s, and I'm in my mid 30s now. It has been my cross to bear and the hardest thing I've ever had to do was face it and make the CHOICE to get off. I loved getting high, & it worked for me for a long time. Somewhere along the line my life changed, I found my wife, we built a REAL life, a good one, and addiction didn't serve THIS new life. I am a musician, and I had lost my drive & passion for being involved and creating music. My lyricism faded away. I didn't wanna write anymore, which was my first love, and when I realized that had gone, that's when the reality set in that this disease had really wounded me. I was, and still am, Mind, Body, and SOUL-Sick. Yet, I've chosen the long road away from active addiction, and back to myself, whatever that means NOW. I accept it, and myself.
Brother, I've never been on methadone, but I know it's reputation as " liquid handcuffs" and the challenge of coming off. We all have the CHOICE to face these challenges, to resurrect ourselves. If you WANT IT, you can do it. We are way stronger than we think. If I can do it, you can, too. If anyone wants to reach out and talk, having a hard time, need to relate to someone in my/our position, my inbox is open. We.WILL.Do.This
how you feeling now ? iv went down kratom route in the past and took it to long 4 weeks and when i stopped it was hellish,im on 0.4 of bupe for over a year and i dont care what anyone says i rattle the same of that as any doseage above it and now im on on a 2 week detox 0.4 for another week then 0.2 for a week then off,so instead im on monday il restart the kratom for a week and a half then 40 mg loperamide for 4 days then rapidly over 7 days bring it way down.

how you feeling now ? iv went down kratom route in the past and took it to long 4 weeks and when i stopped it was hellish,im on 0.4 of bupe for over a year and i dont care what anyone says i rattle the same of that as any doseage above it and now im on on a 2 week detox from the doctor 0.4 for another week then 0.2 for a week then off,so instead im on monday il restart the kratom for a week and a half then 40 mg loperamide for 4 days then rapidly drop them over 7 days bring it way down.

No! But you probably have. No more opiates for a long time for you

It's been 9 days... wondering if i take those oxy5s if I'll feel them... the tabs I jumped the gun with on the 4th day and didn't feel a damn thing
To quote

Seriously tho, rewarding yourself for not taking opiates for 9 days (well done btw) would sound crazy to the average person in the street.
Celebrate every day off for sure, but not with opiates. If you're serious about this you need to stay away for months even years.
You can do it mate well done x

Last edited: