• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants I overdosed on amphetamine sulfate. I am tingling everywhere. Please help!

Hello everyone! This is my first post!
My dog has a prescription for a 90mg/day dose of adderall, and has experienced several times of taking too much. Drink a lot of water, but also keep your electrolytes up. Drink gatorade, orange juice. Don't lay down, try and walk around and then rest every 10 minutes or so for about 10 minutes. Since you're coherent to type and write on the forum, I would guess you are okay. Take one ibuprofen (200mg, only take one!) to lower your blood pressure. If you have any melatonin tablets, or cherry juice, melatonin has been shown to reverse negative effects of amphetamines. If you do have melatonin, only take about 2-4 mg. If you have cherry juice, just drink one half-glass and see how you feel in 20 minutes.
I wish you a speedy recovery (no pun intended.)
Short

Hello everyone! This is my first post! My dog has a prescription for a 90mg/day dose of adderall, and has experienced several times of taking too much. Drink a lot of water, but also keep your electrolytes up. Drink gatorade, orange juice. Don't lay down, try and walk around and then rest every 10 minutes or so for about 10 minutes. Since you're coherent to type and write on the forum, I would guess you are okay. Take one ibuprofen (200mg, only take one!) to lower your blood pressure. If you have any melatonin tablets, or cherry juice, melatonin has been shown to reverse negative effects of amphetamines. If you do have melatonin, only take about 2-4 mg. If you have cherry juice, just drink one half-glass and see how you feel in 20 minutes. I wish you a speedy recovery (no pun intended.) Short
Thanks man, I'll try some of your suggestions :)

The tingling is called paresthesia which is a pins-and-needles type feeling generally felt in the extremities while on uppers like amphetamine. It's caused by constricted blood vessels hence the reason when your leg falls asleep you get a pins-and-needles feeling from the blood re-entering the vessels which is called vasodilation. It is not something you need to go to the ER for unless your body parts start turning deep shades of purple. You should not be using such large doses as it puts a strain on your circulatory system including your heart.

Be safe - I hope you have some benzodiazepines for the epic come-down.

Your fine. Should wear off within a couple of hours. I can't believe how many people ignored that question you asked lol

No. You're in the clear, when you wake up tomorrow you'll probably realize how unnessarily paranoid it made you. It happens on high dose amp, I went to the ER thinking my balls were going to explode on a m-amp binge. Lol

Hahahah to elaborate on that, I've pulled a hernia before. I did a ton of m-amp over like 4 days awake and I did not believe it was humanly possible to do as much physical activity as I'd done without sleeping. I thought I must of pulled another hernia from all the physical exertion. I had serious stim balls/dick that triggered this thought in the first place. I was fried at the time to say the least though. Went to the hospital, checked in got an xray to see if I had a hernia, didn't feel like waiting for the results so I masterbated in the room and left. Went home, did more stayed up til the next day then the last hit I started hallucinating an army of ghosts coming at me. Took a long time to calm down and not run out of my house. I never really touched stims after that :)

That really sucks man, I haven't hallucinated anything, but for awhile I was kind of confused. What did the hospital do for your o.d?

I just had an xray to see if I had a hernia in my ball area. I had a hernia a long time ago where my stomach broke into my ballsack and I thought I was growing a third testicle. No joke that's what happens. I was continuously throwing up every morning and thinking I had three balls for no reason until my doctor confirmed what it was. It was really scarey for me at the time that's why I feared it happening again when I was tweaking. Everyone who looked at my face at the hospital knew I was tweaked but they didn't really care.

It was from riding my bike too hard and too much putting strain on my stomach area I believe. I'm surprised I was able to do that much strain sober and not after a 4 day m-amp binge

Ouch! It seems amphetamine isn't that terrible to o.d on. The funny thing is that I am typically always very safe with my drugs, but I was foolishly under the impression that amphetamine was like cocaine and you could keep re-dosing when you felt a crash coming. My bad. Do you think by not going to the hospital, i could be missing out on valuable tests for my o.d?

No, I really would not go to the hospital, you could get sectioned and put into a psych ward for a couple days minimum. Just don't o.d on it again

Once you're checked in on drugs in a hospital you can get arrested for leaving and be considered a harm to yourself if your a user and be put in the psych places even if your completely fine

This is quite a relief. Some of my symptoms are starting to go away. The tingling is starting disappear. I am sure the amp also made me a little bit paranoid lol.

I get the tingling from just 10mg of adderall, nothing to be overly worried about. I think ur fine, but u need an anti anxiety