• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc I need advice on getting used to NAC supplements slowly reducing side-effects from getting used to it like abdominal pain etc.

Echotango

Bluelighter
I'm hoping my fellow bluelighters have helpful information/experience regarding using NAC supplements for like longer than 1 month at least let's say. I'm hoping it will help with a myriad of issues but for 1 I know it can reduce inflammation.

I'm hoping my fellow bluelighters have helpful information/experience regarding using NAC supplements for like longer than 1 month at least let's say. I'm hoping it will help with a myriad of issues but for 1 I know it can reduce inflammation.

Hmm, you don't say what you're actually trying to find out, that would help you garner more responses. What do you want to know?

Hmm, you don't say what you're actually trying to find out, that would help you garner more responses. What do you want to know?

Well last time I started using I was taking 600mg in morning and at night but I was experiencing bad stomach pain that I didn't know the NAC caused so I covered it up with weed use plus I got diahrrea from it and I'm just wondering how and if its possible to avoid those symptoms?

Well last time I started using I was taking 600mg in morning and at night but I was experiencing bad stomach pain that I didn't know the NAC caused so I covered it up with weed use plus I got diahrrea from it and I'm just wondering how and if its possible to avoid those symptoms?

Sure, it's quite acidic. Take it with breakfast and dinner instead, that should alleviate both issues. Add some psyllium husks if your stools are still a bit loose.

Sure, it's quite acidic. Take it with breakfast and dinner instead, that should alleviate both issues. Add some psyllium husks if your stools are still a bit loose.
I am eating it with food each dose if I remember correctly cause food helps my GABAPentin absorb better. And Wait what aren’t pysillium husks fibre and make the diarrhea worse potentially?

If its the stomach acidity causing these symptoms than wouldn't using a stomach acid reducer like Cimetidine help prevent any side-effects when first starting to use NAC or would that possibly prevent my body from "getting used to it" and adjusting/adapting to it being ingested by my body daily?

I am eating it with food each dose if I remember correctly cause food helps my GABAPentin absorb better. And Wait what aren’t pysillium husks fibre and make the diarrhea worse potentially?

I'm surprised to read that, perhaps NAC just doesn't agree with you? Psyllium husks should help firm things up as they absorb water and swell up, forming a gel. If you dissolve the NAC in a glass of water with the psyllium, that should help reduce irritation.

I'm surprised to read that, perhaps NAC just doesn't agree with you? Psyllium husks should help firm things up as they absorb water and swell up, forming a gel. If you dissolve the NAC in a glass of water with the psyllium, that should help reduce irritation.
Maybe I'm recalling it incorrectly and I didn't eat. I can try it again this time though what types of food will be best to help with this?

Is it possible for NAC to inihibt the effect of any other drug that MDMA or stimulants in general? Can it theoretcially effect any and all drugs in some way should I avoid it or can it beneificial by reducing anxiety or some?