• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

I must've done something wrong.

fermonos

Bluelighter
Okay guys. I done 6 x 30mg Dihydrocodeine yesterday. A total of 180mg all at once, after 20 minutes or so I could feel it kicking in and about 2 hours in it peaked.

Anyway, that was just a test for me, I've done my research and DHC is only 20% bioavailibility when oral and from my research I've found it out to be anywhere from 60-90% bioavailibility when rectal.

So I crushed 3 x 30mg DHC up for a total of 90mg thinking I would be at least getting 3x the strength per tablet. I don't have a oral syringe but I do have the 100mg syringe with a tip of about 2 inches.

Anyway crushed it up, added to warmish water mixed it up but there was still small white particles in the solution I'm guessing it's filler since they are quite big tablets for 30mg. I drew up the solution which was about 20ml of water and inserted the tip of the syringe into me all the way which was about 1.5-2 inches. I slowly squeezed it into me and then remove the syringe zero problems. No leakage, no spillage and no discomfort. Anyway almost 2 hours has past and I'm not sure if I can feel anything, and if I can it's barely noticeable which I don't think is right considering it should have been 3x the strength of 90mg meaning around 270mg.

I did try to go to the toilet before hand and checked if the area was clear which it was. I can only think that either the syringe wasn't inserted enough which would be impossible with this type of syringe (Got a oral one in the mail) or that 90mg wasn't enough. The thing I don't get is that 180mg DHC hit me like a brick wall orally so rectally 90mg should have theoretically been a lot stronger, or even at least the same strength.

Can you guys give me any information I may be missing and try help me out for my next time.

i know i'm wrong but i can't remember why but doesn't codeine have to be metabolized into morphine in-vitro via the liver to have effect?
i mean assuming it hasn't leaked out of your bunghole it should still be rattling around your veins as we speak - perhaps by missing the first-pass mentaoblism oral use provides its just taking longer to get to yuor liver?

happy mothers day

i cant comment on the actual % bio availability of dhc rectally/orally, but from experience, i never found rectal admin to be much stronger than oral. maybe dhc just doesnt have a high rectal BA.

i tried plugging many times, but always just went back to eating them. maybe try 120-150mg rectally if you're hell bent on doing it.