• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin I missed but I didn't miss?

rainbowrose

Greenlighter
I'm still a bit of a noob at shooting heroin, but I thought I've gotten pretty good at finding my vein. Mostly I shoot into the crook of one of my arms. I try to change up the position (higher or lower). I've missed a few times before and shot into the muscle, and when this happens, a bubble forms and it hurts like hell for a few hours or a couple days.

This time, I thought for sure I found my vein, an inch and a half above the crook. I did the back draw thing, making sure I saw a squirt of blood to tell me that yep, I found the vein. I started shooting, and then . . . nothing. In the middle of my shot, I felt some resistance, and panicked a little thinking I somehow missed after all...

So I didn't get my rush, and now I'm getting a gradual release kind of thing. My arm doesn't hurt, and there's no bubble. No pain either. Just kind of annoyed. And hoping my arm doesn't fall off or something.

Help?

Could have maybe missed just a little bit like when you paniced maybe you pulled it out slightly or possibly pushed it through. It could have also just been the dope itself. Maybe it was a combination of weak dope and you maybe pushing through the vein a little bit. Sounds like one of those fluke situations, something that will only happen once in awhile out of nowhere for no reason. All i can say is better luck next time!

I am a regular iv user for dope and crystal and i have had the same thing happen to me a few times. If you are reusing the same vein often without allowing it to heal first, you could be injecting correctly bit lossing some through unhealed holes higher in the vein, you also could have had the tip of the needle half in and half out, meaning it was far enough in to draw back blood and inject some of your solution but far enough out to spill some around the vein which would cause the gradual release. It could also be as DosentLearn explained, its possable you pushed through in the middle of the shot or the dope wasnt good quality. It could be any number of reasons but those are the ones i find most common for me.

This happened to me once, I called it a partial miss, and i pretty much had the same situation and experience as you did at the time OP you will be fine, but as the above poster said reusing that same spot even if going higher or lower on the vein could lead to the unhealed holes he's talking about