• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

i;m new so cut me a break .i have a question about what was given to me 43 years ago

H>He

Bluelighter
so dude who made drugs give me and my buddy white powder..he says use a match head to set dose.and that he tested it on his mice.. .we wait over 2 hrs nothing ..4 hrs later we smoke some 1970's dry spell weed ..i forget 75-76? but shit weed and smoked later so not dosed weed … after smoking we go to my buddies.. first i get spastic jolts..my muscles are spasming ..i call the hospital..as i call i feel like my brain is sizzling and after the sizzling those areas are felt like being coated in maple syrup..the hosp says "you did the drug..deal with it" the spasms stop ..but thankfully leave my body so weak that i can't respond to what follows..the walls turnend to clay..faces came out..the fish tank 's fish would turn side ways and dissapear.. my buddy who did the same thing was prostrate on the floor and his body turned into a skeleton..it did not bring on illogical thinking ..i was totally lucid thru the spasms..the hallucinations..12hrs later i could stand..i went to the bathroom and everything was primary colors and i was mickey mouse with white gloves and black lined arms..again i was lucid watching the hallucinations … was it strychnine? what could cause that experience..i went home ..i was 16..and my brain was fried..my muscles ached ..but i was still lucid whereas lsd took me to mental flights of fancy

Last edited:
Hi and welcome :)

New or not, unfortunately we can't do any conclusive ID... it's nothing personal and it's not that we don't want to but we simply can't. It's not possible to ID a substance reliably based on effects especially not complex ones like psychedelics, so it will remain speculation and we put some limitations on that since free speculation running in a thread can involve too much misinformation to be helpful, so we'll have to cut this short... what I will say is that 53 years ago DOM was first synthesized by Alexander Shulgin but it took a few years before it really started to circulate. Drugs like that indeed do take quite a long time to come on, and when doses were spreaded (many for free) people took too much especially since it takes so long to come on. And yeah they ended up in the hospital
It was scheduled not long after you took that mystery powder.

The strychinine stuff was pretty much a myth:
https://erowid.org/chemicals/lsd/lsd_myth5.shtml
https://erowid.org/ask/ask.php?ID=2988

And why would that dude try to poison you? Also if it was strychnine they probably wouldn't have said "you did the drug..deal with it" in the hospital since that doesn't imply you took a poison but an actual recreational drug, intentionally, of which you had to ride out the consequences following the adage "buy the ticket, take the ride".

I must stress again that this is mere speculation and we don't like that kind of guesswork but I thought you should know that ^