• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction I.M. Complication

TrippingFatCat

Greenlighter
After years of intramuscular usage I've finally had a complication. I've read frequently that IM drug usage is more dangerous because it has a higher chance of causing an abscess yet I've read no reports on the internet about it except medical studies where someone almost gets gangrene/near amputation.

After stupidly injecting phenibut into my muscle about two months ago. (Note to the general public don't IV/IM phenibut it does almost nothing besides get you high slightly faster.) I woke up the next morning or two and realized that part of my thigh where I injected was numb, like a large portion above the kneecap. I freaked out for a bit and considered going to the hospital in the following days but didn't want to go to the emergency room, considered going to urgent care. Over the next month the numbness/pain started to disappear and I noticed a small lump riht around where I assume I injected. When I touched the lump it was non painful and caused weird nerve feelings further down my leg. I partially assumed I had shot the phenibut too close to a nerve and caused some nerve damage. I slowly started to regain sensation back in my thigh and now It is close to normal but not perfect.

Two months have passed after the injection and I thought I'd be all better but i'm not so lucky. Whenever stretch my thigh muscle (like an actual stretch.) I will feel a bit of pain localized in one spot on my thigh. It's not a sharp pain but I really wouldn't describe it as dull either. I assumed it wasn't an abscess that was going to surface and explode in grossness because it has been so long. I am worried by the fact that it still hasn't completely gotten better.

I have nothing to go online to reference because no one ever posts about intramuscular compilations. I read online somewhere that it could still be an abscess within the tissue and It could just be chilling there. There is no real pain when I touch the spot or rub my leg (just a slight numbness.) Part of me wants to wait to see if it figures itself out but the other part is reading all this shit online about how dangerous it can be to get any kind of intramuscular complication. Anyone have any experience with an intramuscular complication?

Also the phenibut was injected at about 500 mg/ml so I also assumed this could have caused destruction of the tissue due to too high concentration which would explain why I dont have the symptoms of an infection. Can anyone be helpful at all?

I know I'm an idiot and I was fired from my job yesterday so unless I use medicaid I'm kinda fucked doctor wise.

could be a sterile abscess, but if it's getting better and not worse you shouldn't lose sleep over it, if you were to have a really nasty complication it would have happened immediately after injection (or maybe max 1~3 days later), it won't get better and then suddenly come back 4 months later

It would be smart to go get it looked at by a doctor. No major rush though