Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

I just watched fight club, I didn't get it

Tyler the perfect man? Perfect man, he is under 6ft. tall and a sociopath.

I said Tyler Durden is a parody of a "perfect man". A caricature. Not literally perfect. He is what Jack's fucked up mind envisions as perfect. The embodiment of all the things he wants to be.

It's not bad but it's pretty flat.

I don't know what that means really. Can you describe how that scene could be made better through his acting? I suppose it's hard to assess if you haven't seen the entire film. his character has been isolated in deep space for a very long time.

I'm not trying to come at you I'm genuinely curious.

Oh, sorry my version of the perfect man is different. Crazy, is not part of that. Parody, I would have cast someone else.

Brad Pitt, Edward Norton, Helena Bonham Carter, Meatloaf Aday and Jared Leto.

Great director, talented cast minus Brad Pitt and probably a good budget, 139 minutes of disappointment.

How the does a woman come between one man, yes yes yes yes ahhhhhĥĥhhhhhhh, lol.
He is a nut case and a dork( Edward Norton)
Both on and off screen( he was with Courntey Love for years until she dumped him) no sane man would want her if he was like Ed Norton, rich and famous. But he may be a dick, but he is a great actor and not a dipshit.

Fucking Yes, Edward Norton (I don't even think you get his name do you, but I do think he is actually called Tyler Durden) Edwards Tyler reminds me a lot of Winston from 1984 and 75 % of unfulfilled Western men getting orally and anally raped by the corporations and Gov's most of the time and still to this day, if not more since it was released so recruitment for Project Mayhem should be easier today and we have the now public fight clubs available to watch on the tube lol. When I first watched the film I was blown away. As I wasn't that old (37 now) when I first seen I was blown away and understood why Project Mayhem would be a good idea to go ahead with but imagine if it did.

There's always something that rings with me when he destroys Jared Leto's face and says "I just wanted to destroy something beautiful". Is he talking about the current society he is going to destroy or not ? As for all its ugliness we humans do have beautiful way of making it work abeilt no perfectly.

And I love the hypocrisy of how humans can so easily be turned into machines.

All in all a classic that should be on everyone's list.

👌👌👌
THIS, A Billion times over THIS!!!!!

Fucking Yes, Edward Norton (I don't even think you get his name do you, but I do think he is actually called Tyler Durden) Edwards Tyler reminds me a lot of Winston from 1984 and 75 % of unfulfilled Western men getting orally and anally raped by the corporations and Gov's most of the time and still to this day, if not more since it was released so recruitment for Project Mayhem should be easier today and we have the now public fight clubs available to watch on the tube lol. When I first watched the film I was blown away. As I wasn't that old (37 now) when I first seen I was blown away and understood why Project Mayhem would be a good idea to go ahead with but imagine if it did.

There's always something that rings with me when he destroys Jared Leto's face and says "I just wanted to destroy something beautiful". Is he talking about the current society he is going to destroy or not ? As for all its ugliness we humans do have beautiful way of making it work abeilt no perfectly.

And I love the hypocrisy of how humans can so easily be turned into machines.

All in all a classic that should be on everyone's list.

👌👌👌
Happy Xmas.

I don't imagine any sane man would want an alter ego, let alone a sociopathic one with psychotic tendencies.

Brad Pitt was great at killing Nazi's though

Do you really want me to watch it a third time? I get it, I just don't like it.

Hahaha, you want a pretty boy (1999) who is a terrible actor, save some money and hire Steven Seagal at least 25 years ago he wasn't fat and could really fight. lol.

I said Tyler Durden is a parody of a "perfect man". A caricature. Not literally perfect. He is what Jack's fucked up mind envisions as perfect. The embodiment of all the things he wants to be.

I don't know what that means really. Can you describe how that scene could be made better through his acting? I suppose it's hard to assess if you haven't seen the entire film. his character has been isolated in deep space for a very long time.

I'm not trying to come at you I'm genuinely curious.

I did see the movie actually, but it was a while back and I can't quite remember it just now.

He doesn't use much facial or vocal variation. "Flat" means deadpan, monotone, and unvaried. Not to be confused with stoic which has a different flavour.

The writing and direction tries to play it off as him being a very masculine, stoic man but even John Wayne had more character.

Like I said, Snatch was Pitt's best role. It was the opposite of flat.

I did see the movie actually, but it was a while back and I can't quite remember it just now.

He doesn't use much facial or vocal variation. "Flat" means deadpan, monotone, and unvaried. Not to be confused with stoic which has a different flavour.

The writing and direction tries to play it off as him being a very masculine, stoic man but even John Wayne had more character.

Like I said, Snatch was Pitt's best role. It was the opposite of flat.

Maybe it was a bad example to use (my fault' but I feel like the scene and his character called for a certain amount of flatness or stoicism. Not sure there is a whole lot of articulable difference between those traits in this scene unless you're being a little argumentative.

Maybe this is a better example? It's a comedic role but I can't imagine many other people in it.