• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin i have narcan but no syringe,

BrutalRollar

Bluelighter
im smoking heroin but i have narcan but no syringe, how can i admininster it if worse case scennrio happens i need it?

Dry it and snort the remaining crystals. It is highly effective this route, would say somebody could also rub it into your nose but as high up as possible. Sublingual might be better as nothing but I'm unsure about as they mix naloxone into subuxone pills and there it seems not to induce the heavy dysphoria but maybe it's just that the bupe is of higher affinity.

Btw, when you're heroin tolerant, buprenorphine can help too if no naloxone's available.

Dry it and snort the remaining crystals. It is highly effective this route, would say somebody could also rub it into your nose but as high up as possible. Sublingual might be better as nothing but I'm unsure about as they mix naloxone into subuxone pills and there it seems not to induce the heavy dysphoria but maybe it's just that the bupe is of higher affinity.

Btw, when you're heroin tolerant, buprenorphine can help too if no naloxone's available.

Definitely do not use it sublingual, it only has 2 percent bioavailability via that route. Intranasal would be the next recommended route of administration.

I know this post is almost a month old but wanted to throw my 2 cents in....honestly, if one is using heroin and comes to a point where they need Narcan, they usually will not be able to give it to themselves (regardless of the ROA) bc they will be out. As in unconscious.

Where I live they are encouraging everyone to come get it for free, even non users and folks that haven't been around it because the stuff here is bad and a lot of ODing since January. Parking lots, bathrooms, houses with multiple people. Places the average person would be at just for shopping or whatever. Coroner has put out warnings.
I didn't even know our population was big enough to have these many calls on the daily for so long.
I imagine it's got to be a way to administer without much difficulty, definitely not needles.

Yea I try to carry one around when I’m traveling even though I don’t use anymore.. Never know when you’ll stumble up on someone falling out.

-GC