• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Gabapentinoids I have gabapentin I’m not using

Fuckupnomo

Greenlighter
I have 84 Gabapentin capsules that I am not using because they’re not helping for the reason they were prescribed plus it doesn’t do much for me.

No I’d like to know if other people are finding that it’s not helping for them either for why it’s prescribed (pain etc) and for using it to get high.
Gabs are pretty mild. I never thought they were very good painkillers. I hear some people that have nerve damage get a bit of relief from them but if we have a broken bone they aren't gonna help.

I never got high off of them. A little speedy maybe and kind of jittery actually.....but no euphoria.

What kind of pain do you have?

Nerve pain I have MS.
And then I read on here that people actually use it to get high which I tried but nothing. I’m wondering if I didn’t dose and time properly.

I needed something ((( this time ))) to take the edges off of norco withdrawal sybdrome. I chose pregabalin over gabapentin because it is stronger. But that's it. It's like a dysfunctional benzoid that works at times. That's all. Just a little bit of energy with the anti anxiety effect. Works good but is not good for you. Don't take too much because its very bad for your health by having this potential.

The gabapentin is not as strong but is just as unhealthy for everything. imo, of course.

Nerve pain I have MS.
And then I read on here that people actually use it to get high which I tried but nothing. I’m wondering if I didn’t dose and time properly.
Yes, the important thing is that too much is no good. Too get high take at 300mg's in intervals two hours apart but is very very bad for health and organs too.

don't go over 900 . . . .danger !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nerve pain I have MS.
Yeah. That's the go to drug for patients with MS. I have a friend with MS and that's what she takes.

Gabs are a funny drug. I suppose people can get " high " on them at the right doses but it's kind of a weak drug to try and get high on. Like @hylite said....pregablin is the daddy of gabapentin and is stronger and people can get a " high " off of them easier than they can with a gabbie.

I guess when I think of " high" I think of oxy and vicodin and morphine.....and even weed. To me the gaba drugs just don't really fit the bill to get high on. Are they relaxing? Yes. Lift our mood a bit? Yes. Deals with anxiety? Yes. But to me...High? Not really.

But ya know everyone is different. If you wanna try and get high on them I hear that you " stack " them. That means that you take it every 30 minutes or so ( with a fatty snack ) until you get to where you wanna be. Also.....not only do you not take it all at once but it has a ceiling effect. Which means.....once so much is in your bloodstream even if you take more it's just wasted because your body can't metabolize it.

Have fun. Good luck.

Yes, the important thing is that too much is no good. Too get high take at 300mg's in intervals two hours apart but is very very bad for health and organs too.
You probably have the red and white 300 mg capsules. And yeah.....it's much stronger.

Yes I have the 300mgs. I didn’t stack so Im sure that’s why it didn’t work. I think I’m done with them. I have new script for a different medication from my doctor to replace the gaba to help with the Nerve pain, and the stacking process sounds like too much work lol.

Yes I have the 300mgs. I didn’t stack so Im sure that’s why it didn’t work. I think I’m done with them. I have new script for a different medication from my doctor to replace the gaba to help with the Nerve pain, and the stacking process sounds like too much work lol.
Right. You have the yellow 300 mg capsules correct ?

Pregablin 300 mg capsules are red and white.

Hylite has pregabs and you have gabs. Totally different med.

Yeah, I agree. Gabapentin has it's uses in medicine but it's not that great of a high.

Do you know which drug your Dr. is going to replace the gabs with?

They really aren't " pain meds" per say, but they can be effective for certain types of nerve pain like neuropathy. I have awful diabetic neuropathy, but didn't think Gabapentin was helping until I went off of them. After a few days I wanted to amputate my own legs and feet. They helped more than I realize. As for folks getting high... I just don't get it. It's never been my experience. The fact that they're being prescribed for everything nowadays is a bit ridiculous... headaches, back pain, stubbed toe etc

I needed something ((( this time ))) to take the edges off of norco withdrawal sybdrome. I chose pregabalin over gabapentin because it is stronger. But that's it. It's like a dysfunctional benzoid that works at times. That's all. Just a little bit of energy with the anti anxiety effect. Works good but is not good for you. Don't take too much because its very bad for your health by having this potential.

The gabapentin is not as strong but is just as unhealthy for everything. imo, of course.
What does it do to your health? Why is it so unhealthy, specifically?

What does it do to your health? Why is it so unhealthy, specifically?
It's bad for the organs and MAY cause c.o.p.d and bad for the heart ( long term usages ) but the gabapentin is probably much milder. The more that you take the worse the withdrawal will be if you get hooked on it or start to depend on it. It will barely have a sedating effect if taken in small mg's and doses too. But most likely you will notice it when you quit.

Yeah, I agree. Gabapentin has it's uses in medicine but it's not that great of a high.

Yes the yellow ones.

yes I have the yellow capsules.
I have no idea what he is prescribing me to replace it, when I was speaking with him he had not decided yet

It's bad for the organs and MAY cause c.o.p.d and bad for the heart but the gabapentin is probably much milder. The more that you take the worse the withdrawal will be if you get hooked on it or start to depend on it. It will barely have a sedating effect if taken in small mg's and doses too. But most likely you will notice it when you quit.
Do you have a link for the COPD/gabapentin issue? I've never heard this.

So yes it is Garbage. But can serve it's purpose if you try. Yes, you can only try !!

Yes the yellow ones.

yes I have the yellow capsules.
I have no idea what he is prescribing me to replace it, when I was speaking with him he had not decided yet
Gotcha. Ok...now that we have that settled.

Your gabs DO have some purpose so don't get rid of them. They are good for simple ( not chronic ) anxiety and they MIGHT help you get some sleep if you ever have any trouble. They will also increase your appetite ( at least they did me ) so if you don't feel like eating ( but you need to and should ) they might help there too.

Good luck and I hope your new med works better for you.