• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

I have an odd dilemma with my PST

EphemeralOutlet141

Bluelight Crew
Okay so I made a gallon of tea and stored it in an empty protein container. There was a little bit of protein powder left in it and it mixed in. I have a lot of tea so I'm going to be storing it for a while. Do you think the protein powder will go bad and spoil the tea?

Not sure what PST tea is? A mushroom tea? The protein powder might make it spoil faster but hopefully you are refrigerating it which I would think it will last a week or two.

If really worried about it you can probably get some ice cube trays from the dollar store and freeze it all and put in zip lock bags. Then you can pull out a few at a time as you need it. Should last a couple months that way. Just make sure no one can get to them and you label it with something like a skull and crossbones if someone could accidentally get them.

Ascorbic acid would help poppy seed tea from going bad. Keep it in the refrigerator.

If so u cud pour into a ice cube tray and figure out how much tea per cube then thaw only what u need for the day the night befor

poppy seed (and pod) tea goes rancid incredibly quickly. probably because of the sort of environment poppies grow and ripen in - dusty and plenty of spores leading to fungal growth etc etc

if you're planning on keeping for longer than a few days, you should freeze it, i think.

Yeah next time only make enough for one dose, it doesnt stay fresh all that long, the protein powder shouldnt affect it, but freezing it will most likely change or damage the alkaloid content.

- Hopeless 7nos

yeah, my belief (from experiments years ago) is that the alkaloids don't seem particularly stable in a tea solution. may have been a tolerance thing, but it seemed to get weaker the longer i stored it.
no idea if it's true, but i think for HR purposes, small batches have advantages.

for one, you are less likely to consume too much, especially if it is taking a while to kick in (full effects can take hours to be felt sometimes)
also, it stops you from having it easily on-hand (makes regular/daily dosing too easily)
and if it does seem to be almost at the point of spoiling - you won't run the risk of OD by drinking it all (so none goes to waste!)
i ate way too much cannabutter once that was clearly at the point of going rancid. boy did i regret that for the next couple of days.
at least ODing on weed edibles isn't generally life threatening like opiates.

you won't run the risk of OD by drinking it all (so none goes to waste!)

I could definetely see this as being something a lot of fellow addicts would be tempted to do! Great point!

- SS373dOH Soul

i agree with spacejunk, i saved tea for 1 day once and while it worked the same was absolutely (even more so) disgusting. my guess would be because of the organic matter in it. this talk of freezing it into ice-cube size doses is so redonkulous i'm laughing, but hey, i guess its theoretically possible.