• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

I Have a Serious Question about Black People and DMT...

I was just kidding haha. If I could be purple without doing meph I would consider. %)

^ I don't "try" to be purple I just am.

As others have already mentioned, the idea that DMT affects people differently based on race is somewhat far fetched. That said, I could believe that, like other psychedelics, the effects will be different based on personal psychology, which is often (but not always) tied to the culture that you were immersed in while growing up (i.e. your family, etc).

OP: How do other psychedelic drugs (ex. mushrooms) affect you? Your post reminded me of another post that I saw a while ago where someone was tripping with his black friend who said something like, "black people aren't supposed to do this; these are white people drugs!" I LOLed at that. Once again, I can believe culturally-influenced psychology can have an effect, but I doubt there are any strictly racial differences.

Perhaps or perhaps not - I'm shy about revealing much more personal detail

interesting thread... I suppose its not impossible for there to be some differences in the way people from different genetic pools metabolize certain drugs. As mentioned before, this happens with alcohol & codeine. However, I'm not aware of any plants that contain high enough concentrations of DMT to be effective via smoking, hence the horribly painful snuffs & vomit-inducing huasca's. I only have a few black friends that are into things like DMT, most (like most of my friends of all ethnicities) are just into marijuana & alcohol, so my sample size is a bit lacking as well. But as far as i can tell it affects them the way it does other people.

Ha, I was thinking about the notice you'd have to write to find participants for a study: Wanted: Persons of Afro-Caribbean descent to smoke DMT in a clinical environment.

I'm tempted to say the difference may more likely be due to cultural & personal psychology more than race & genetics, but I've certainly been wrong before.

shit i wrote this incredibly long involved account of smoking DMT with various black friends of mine - but it got deleted - in summary black people can certainly break through and have the 'typical' transdimensional DMT voyage, the hardest DMT trip/breakthrough i have ever witnessed was that of a black friend.