• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

I Have a Serious Question about Black People and DMT...

demsters

Greenlighter
NOTE:Okay, before I start this thread, let me state, I don't mean to sound racist at all. This is just a serious observation that my friend, who is white noticed from smoking DMT with black people (he has smoked with numerous ones including myself).

My question is, are blacks more tolerant of the DMT experience compared to people who are not black, with exception to people from parts of the world where DMT is smoked routinely and has been for ages?

It is weird, when I smoke DMT with my white friends they breakthrough every time and it seems intense as hell just by observing them. When they speak on it, it seems as if it is an amazing yet somewhat terrifying experience. However, when I smoke "demsters" I have a different experience. I have broken through, but when I do, it is a very natural experience and the body high is more intriguing than the visuals even though everything is transformed to hyperspace. There is no mental congestion, no mind fuck....at all. Don't get me wrong, the body high is a 10 out of 10 but that shit just feels GREAT to me.

I know DMT is found is South American and especially West Africa where black americans are from. Could it be that blacks have a tolerance to DMT? People talk about having ephipanies and what not. I don't get that. It doesn't make me humble at all.

FYI: My friend said he only smokes DMT with blacks becuase from observation we don't freak out.

What are your experiences?

this is a serious question. i need serious response. This is intriguing. I just don't understand why some people say DMT is intense. IT just feels like LSD but natural with no mental mind fuck.

^ You sure about that call That Guy ?

No idea I'm not black or white - I'm purple from head to toe - my experiences with DMT are rich & varied - I also get a fantastic Body High from DMT. I've been known to burst into tears after DMT breakthrough or laugh - or do both simultaneously - or do neither.

Being purple is a bitch sometimes - you just can't get the right clothes to fit.

I really have no idea but I don't think it's beyond the realms of possibility. Some ethnic groups process some drugs differently to others (I believe many SE Asians don't have the enzyme to be able to process codeine, for example). I've never heard of something similar involving DMT though. Could be something as simple as good ol' YMMV - some people just need more than others no matter what they're age, sex, ethnicity etc.

Also, welcome to BL. We play nicer in most of the forums than they do in The Lounge ;)

You need a large test group for your anecdotal evidence to be worth while.

I've known black people who have been rocketed into space via DMT.

Yep the ethnic aspect in the same way people from far east Asia & India are more susceptable to the effects of alcohol or that some people of Jewish origin only metabolize alcohol as far as acetaldehyde (like my currently estranged other half) and therefoire have to avoid it. As I recall, people of Japanese origin (as mentioned by Shammy) sometime have an isoform of CYP2D6 that means codeine is ineffective as a oainbkiller (they don';t metabolize it to morphine). It is possible that people of Afro-Carribean origib have an enzyme isoform that alters theiurrsponse to tryptamines, but it'd be the first I'd heard of

It aint easy bein' green...

Chlorophyllism is rife in the cities

I think you may be a hard head. I dobt it has anything to do with ethinicity.

This thread seems kinda crazy

Why would a drug effect you differently because of your skin color ?

It actually does in some cases as f&b mentioned above. It's not down to skin colour - more down to other genetic differences between various groups. Never heard DMT was one of those drugs though.

^ Maybe I'm mistaken but the liver is involved in at least one of those cases - DMT i suspect goes directly from lungs to brain - if it doesn't I've got the worlds quickest metabolism

I seem to share that metabolism, Mr B :D

And I'm also reasonably sure that the liver plays a big role in those few cases where there are genuine differences between different ethnicities' metabolism of certain drugs. Whether there are any exceptions - DMT or otherwise - I know not.

^ The idea of "only" smoking with a certain ethnicity - based upon what is at best a sketchy guess - seems a little odd as well - even were it to be a proven fact. Maybe folks of African descent can start a business as hangout folks for white DMT freaks

What separates black from white in human skin is caused by melanin.

The chemically unrelated melatonin is a substance that defines our waking and sleeping hours.

Both are produced in man under the influence of the sun (or other sources of light).

well.
I can't piece it together but eat your heart out!

I'm purple from head to toe

Mephedrone? =D

This thread sounds ridiculous, but this is pretty interesting. I actually know a black guy who broke through who said nothing like this, maybe more input from people who have been in this specific situation is needed?

Actually not mephedrone - I'm a temperance campaigner against meph - nah just happened to be the way I am - no reason - alien genetics maybe?