• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids I have 2 months to quit Oxy. Please Help

nellybeach

Greenlighter
Hey everyone, If I basically have to do a tapering down from 120 mg X4 a day in a span of 2 months (I know my chances of success are slim to none) would you guys have any advice, tips, words of hope for me? I spent so much money on this crap that has altered my life and resulted in me gaining 80 lbs in 2 years. I didnt begin in for the "hell of it" I got hooked because of pain I was dealign with because of an auto immune disorder that acted up. I began on a 10mg dose and somehow here I am 2 1/2 years later at 480-500 mg a day.

The pain has somewhat gotten better but its stil there. The bigger issue is the mental side of things. I have an addictive personality that tends to control me.

If there was any good news, I have access to stimulants for my ADD (Addy XR, Ritalin IR, Vyvanse), I'm on an anti-depressant (WellButrin) but I really dont feel a differnce with it, and I'm also prescribed Marajuana. I have like 20 Benzos left as well. I mention all these to see if you guys have heard of some kind of combination that helps the withdrawals or makes it easier to taper?

I'm desperate here and want to get my life back. Any advice would be great. Thank you.

Follow-up question. Does my tolerance of Opioids make my tolerance to other substances higher as well? It seems that every kind of drug has a lot less affect on me these days.

Not other substances except opiates/opioids. I'd go on either methadone or subutex if I were you.
480mg Oxy a day is WAY too much to be able to come off in 2 months. I'd advise reducing it by 10mg/week if you're gonna taper off. Medical professionals say in emergency situations where there'll soon be no opioids available that you cut down by 10% every 14 days and no quicker.

At that dose, I would strongly advice against cold turkey as you'll end up in hospital that way and with the corona being a priority...

EDIT: the benzo's will be your best friend during this time so use them sparingly (for sleep, aniety or cramps/RLS). Loperamide and OTC opiate products will take the edge of.

Last edited:
5htp might also help and I would get a good magnesium supplement also. Make sure you are taking that now if you plan on quitting in a few months. I use NOW 5htp 100mg twice daily to help with depression and Triple Calm Magnesium. Which you can get on amazon. But I’m not health professional and I’d advise you talk with a doctor if you can and don’t be scared of the consequences because your life’s worth more then an oxy.

I have suboxone. My question I guess would be how low SHOULD I get to when I make the switch to Suboxone? Would it be at all possible to succesffuly go to Sub from this dose? @ChemicallyEnhanced

Yeah, you definitely can. If you look at an opioid conversion table/chart and find out how much Subutex is the equivalent of 480mg Oxy, that'll give you a good idea of a dose to start on. I'd take maybe 15% less than is suggested just in case as different people react to different opioids differently and you don't wanna be on a higher dose than you need. Then if that's not keeping you well, you can always add more.

5htp might also help and I would get a good magnesium supplement also. Make sure you are taking that now if you plan on quitting in a few months. I use NOW 5htp 100mg twice daily to help with depression and Triple Calm Magnesium. Which you can get on amazon. But I’m not health professional and I’d advise you talk with a doctor if you can and don’t be scared of the consequences because your life’s worth more then an oxy.

Taking 5HTP on top of an anti-depressant and amphetamines is NOT a good idea and it won't help with opioid withdrawal (except maybe for depression that can come with PAWS).

Follow-up question. Does my tolerance of Opioids make my tolerance to other substances higher as well? It seems that every kind of drug has a lot less affect on me these days.

Opioids, especially at a half gram of oxy a day, can definitely dull other drugs.

I wish you luck man.

-GC

True, and that was my fault for not reading that thoroughly enough before hand. I get quick to respond cause I hate seeing someone go through the same things, I've been through. if you are on any ANTI DEPRESSANT PLEASE DONT TAKE 5htp. But magnesium may help, as many us are deficient in it anyways, and will help with restorative sleep.
Taking 5HTP on top of an anti-depressant and amphetamines is NOT a good idea and it won't help with opioid withdrawal (except maybe for depression that can come with PAWS).

Thanks everyone. It's already been rough as hell cutting down. Being quarantined is not ideal to say the least.

@nellybeach , hows it going? Hope this finds you well? This whole Covid thing is Surreal to me!! Some people can just skip along and get on with there day, but I am truley afraid of the aftermath of this whole thing? I do not see a return to normal, until we have a vaccine, and lots of people have died and been ruined by the economic Fallout of the quarantine??
Hows tapper going ,Thank you for the post, I have sat and watched as my hydro consumption has steadily gone up, and I am not happy, put pain and withdrawls together are a bitch

In patient phenobarbital detox

Edit: To clarify I'd suggest to plan such in patient stay when it's time for you to finally completely jump off

Years ago I used to snort 4 80mg Oxycontin and I was out lf my mind most of the time. When I would sleep at night I would sweat the sheets soaking wet because my body needed another dose. The only way I quit was going to a Federal prison and I was stupid enough to go through intake with a nearly full bottle. The doc put them in his coat and that was the last I saw of them! He said, we don't do these here! What I didn't realize is that if it ever got out I had them, I would've been dead meat. However, it was living hell for good two weeks. Good Luck!

I dont think their is a dose of suboxone equivalent to 500mg oxy unfortunately due to their ceiling level/partial agonist action , I think your best bet is to taper down to at least 100mg oxy then try to go on the subs, you are gonna want to have like 24 hours clean before you start subs or you will get thrown into bad withdrawals, you might also be able to start with very small doses of sub slowly increased along with your oxy I think that is actually the new way they do it but I have no experience with this, I think you would start at like 0.1mg of sub mixed with your 400oxy or something and slowly the ratio would become entirely sub say after 2 months but be careful because again precipitated withdrawals suck