• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe I get the 300mg sublocade Injections. How much oxymorphone (IV or orally) would it take to feel the high?

SuicideBonger

Greenlighter
I really really want to try oxymorphone, it's my white whale. But I get these sublocade Injections every month. Fent blows right past them and I can feel that just fine; but I really want to try oxymorphone so if I can get it, how much would I need to IV to feel it's effects? I remember IVing almost a gram of H and I could feel that quite clearly. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Hey @SuicideBonger :)

It's my opinion and that of most of my peers that trying to get high on Opioids while maintained on Buprenorphine is generally a losing game. Oxymorphone is often touted as the most euphoric of Opioids. If you were able to get some, I wouldn't waste it on trying to break through a Buprenorphine dose. Fentanyl is much cheaper and better suited to what you're trying to do. I would stick with that unless you come across an endless source of Oxymorphone.

My experience with trying to break through maintenance is that, in the best of situations, using heavy amounts of Opioids, you can hope for a few moments of warmth post-injection, followed by perhaps some extra sedation for an hour or two before returning to baseline. It's a pretty shitty feeling sittiing there there telling yourself you're about to start feeling it for 45 minutes after an injection before you finally admit that nothing's coming.

I'm not gonna dissuade you from trying. I just don't think this can actually be what you are hoping it to be. What you're imagining is something that can only be truly experienced without the maintenance drugs. In the end, it's much better to choose one or the other and stick with that. Bouncing back and forth is usually just a big fat mindfuck and a kick in your wallet's testicles. I encourage you to keep doing the maintenance man and I'm sure there are other people in your life who feel the same way.

There are other ways of getting kicks and yes, some of those are drugs other than Opioids. If you want to have a drug experience, you should do something other than Opioids for right now. That's just my advice.

To answer your question, if it's taking you a gram of street Heroin to catch a buzz, you're likely going to need to inject 50mg-100mg Oxymorphone at least to get a similar feeling.