• REAGENT TESTING & DRUG CHECKING Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Featured Link 1 Featured Link 2
  • RT&DC Moderators: arrall

I found a tester

tweaking7

Bluelighter
I found this testing kit that I didn't even know I had, its basically a small air sealed bag that says Marquis Test (or something like that I can't remember ATM) with a little vial in it that has a clear liquid, and on the outside of the bag is has 3 colored squares, one for Opium Alkaloids, one for Amphetamine, and one for Codeine. My question is will this also test for MDMA and its just not listed on there? or will it only test for the said substances?

tweaking7 said:
I found this testing kit that I didn't even know I had, its basically a small air sealed bag that says Marquis Test (or something like that I can't remember ATM) with a little vial in it that has a clear liquid, and on the outside of the bag is has 3 colored squares, one for Opium Alkaloids, one for Amphetamine, and one for Codeine. My question is will this also test for MDMA and its just not listed on there? or will it only test for the said substances?

Yes, the Marquis reagent will test for MDxx. It will turn dark purple/black when detecting an MDxx substance. For a whole list of everything that will react with Marquis reagent, click here: http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/mdma/mdma_faq_testing_kits.shtml

Be extremely careful when handling the reagent. Take a scraping of a pill and put on a ceramic plate. Drop 1-2 drops of reagent onto the scrapings & wait for a color change. You may want to swirl the reagent around using the plate, but DO NOT TOUCH the liquid (with your hands or anything else)! It is highly caustic. Wash down drain with water and clean the plate with dish liquid.

Good luck! :)

Sweet! Thanks! Being that there is obviously more than 1-2 drops in the little vial, could I save the rest of the stuff in something and it would still be good if I decided to use it a month or so later?

tweaking7 said:
Sweet! Thanks! Being that there is obviously more than 1-2 drops in the little vial, could I save the rest of the stuff in something and it would still be good if I decided to use it a month or so later?

Absolutely! Keep the vial in a dark, dry, cool place. The back of a cabinet is always good. Keep the liquid inside the original vial if you can, is the cap/stopper of the vial resealable? If not, you could VERY CAREFULLY transfer it to a dark colored glass vial (no plastic, AFAIK it needs to be glass). Remember that reagents do go bad (mine has just went bad after 2 years of proper storage), so depending on how old it is (and how it was stored previously), it may need replacing soon.