View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

I feel like I'm the only responsible user at my high school

mr noah

Greenlighter
I swear, these kids are playing with fire most of the time. Set and setting is mostly never applied. No test kits. A kid tried telling me that bitter tabs are an indication of real LSD. Mushrooms are used at parties sometimes. I know it's not my job to make sure everyone uses correctly or responsibly it just upsets me so much that these substances are treated with such disrespect. I respect psychedelics too much to just see everyone use them "incorrectly" or in a risky fashion. Of course, you can't just go up to people and tell them what to do and just blast them with information and harm reduction, as that would be annoying, but people really need to start doing research before they even touch the substances.

We finally have abandoned abstinence-based SEX ED in schools. When we realized that kids are going to fuck even if you tell them not to and we might as well minmize the unwanted pregnancies as much as we can using the most effective tool to address those kids that are going to fuck anyways even though the parents tell them not to.

Until drug education comes from adults (the school, the government, parents) that addresses the kids that are going to still take drugs despite being told not to....ppl will die needlessly. Highschool kids aren't going to listen to one of their peers when it comes to drugs....but a qualified educator (Dr. or whatever) or trusted parent could really get through to them.

The question is: when will we start educating our children on drugs beyond saying just abstain from all drugs always and forever....just like we did with sex.

its fun to watch social evolution, we're so slow....we're all gonna have a good laugh over this one day 300 years from now.

^ I've been wondering that for a long time. Not only the government needs to reform the drug laws and stop putting addicts and recreational users behind bars but they should start educating kids how not to abuse those drugs. If people were informed properly, then there would be much less appeal to abuse drugs, at least in my opinion.
I guess, marijuana is the first step. With this plant being legalised and reconsidered, schools will eventually be forced to educate young generation about it's use and harm instead of just blindly saying 'don't ever do it' because that is exactly what makes the rebel youth interested in trying it.

I didn't know any people abusing drugs in high school but in university and work I met a few of them who had absolutely no sense about HR. Especially with MDMA. People would tell me about their ventures dropping 0.5g+ bombs and being proud of it.
I always encourage those people to do research and keep it sane because they will end up hurting themselves. Some of them listen and actually reconsider their abuse, but others who don't are hopeless, in my opinion. They will only learn from their own mistakes and once it goes really sour, it might make them think twice before taking ridiculous doses or disrespecting substances.

OK: it really pisses me off when people don't know (or want to know) jack shit about the chemicals they're putting in their body. I agree with you on that 100%... I don't understand how anybody could be interested in recreational drugs but not biochemistry and pharmacology. They go hand in hand.

That said; who are you to say that mushrooms shouldn't be used at parties? Everybody's different dude... the whole reason mushrooms, LSD etc. are illegal is that their effects are wildly variable in people. You seem to see them as therapeutic tools. This is fair enough and I respect your decision to use them. That said, I myself don't see them that way. I just take them because they feel awesome. For example:

I'll often take 10mg DOM and hit the gym while peaking (believe it or not it's helped me break a few powerlifting PBs).
I take 2C-E once a week at the very least (usually twice, sometimes even three times), and I never take less than 25mg. I find it extremely euphoric and versatile... it's great for chilling out at home by myself, going out in town, partying, getting messy with friends... I've even been known to use it to cheer me up after a bad day at work (with excellent results). I've had a few nervous moments on it but I've NEVER had a bad trip on 2C-E and I've gone slightly above 50mg.

I understand that this would be madness for most people and I sure as hell wouldn't go around advising people to go to the gym while peaking on psychedelic drugs, or casually swallowing 30mg 2C-E as an alternative to drinking a couple beers as I often do.

My point is that there is no 'correct' way to use psychedelics. The experience is what you make of it.

i feel the same way in my entire generation in my country.

everyones mixes untested Ms n Xs, sniffs 1g lines of blow, drink copious amts of booze, same with weed, pop pills till they reach the floor and some lose themselves on psyches.

he blow thing only happened to 1 of my friends. But everyone else is so dumb they prob sniff stupid amts as well. fuck em they'll learn from their life experiences.

Im like god now, I sit n look at these fuckers experience their highs n lows

I'll often take 10mg DOM and hit the gym while peaking (believe it or not it's helped me break a few powerlifting PBs).
I take 2C-E once a week at the very least (usually twice, sometimes even three times), and I never take less than 25mg.

Yeah, I found 2cb pretty nice to hit the gym.

Yeah, I found 2cb pretty nice to hit the gym.
Never tried that one. I love 2C-E (the only 2C I've tried) but I don't find it to be good in the gym. It's what I imagine working out on 10mg diazepam would be like. To me 2C-E feels somewhat benzo-like in its effects.
Deadlifting on acid felt pretty damn great. Fucking weird, but still great. The mind-muscle connection was insane - I do believe LSD has performance-enhancing qualities to it. Unfortunately this was back when I was less accustomed to tripping in more unconventional settings/environments, so I felt a bit weird and out of place. I ended up leaving after I was done deadlifting. Nowadays IDGAF about looking funny in the gym any more. I'm used to people watching me in the gym anyway - not to brag but I deadlift 3x bodyweight.

This is exactly my point though (to the OP)... everybody takes psychedelics for different reasons. As long as a person isn't putting themselves or those around them in danger then you shouldn't question their motives for taking psychedelics.

I do believe LSD has performance-enhancing qualities to it.
Yeah, I definitely think a good amount of psychedelic drugs can be performance enhancing. My favorite sport is basketball and I've found on the comedown of 4-aco-met my ball-handling is noticeably improved. The mind-body connection is definitely stronger - it's like I know where the ball will be every time. I also shot around on the comeup of Al-lad and while I'm a really good shooter normally it seemed I was even better, almost like I could micromanage my release point to the perfect spot each time. I know you've posted in the DOM thread about lifting on that, I plan on lifting on that once I get some and would like to try it on L as well. I think baseball might be cool on psychedelics too, maybe I'll try that over the summer. :)

I swear, these kids are playing with fire most of the time. Set and setting is mostly never applied. No test kits. A kid tried telling me that bitter tabs are an indication of real LSD. Mushrooms are used at parties sometimes. I know it's not my job to make sure everyone uses correctly or responsibly it just upsets me so much that these substances are treated with such disrespect. I respect psychedelics too much to just see everyone use them "incorrectly" or in a risky fashion. Of course, you can't just go up to people and tell them what to do and just blast them with information and harm reduction, as that would be annoying, but people really need to start doing research before they even touch the substances.

Maybe you shouldn't judge or look down on every one else in your school. What makes you so holy?

This is so common in high school & in the world around us... There is a time you realize; you know better then most people... your job is to educate the people in a kindly manor... it takes a village to raise children properly...

My point is that there is no 'correct' way to use psychedelics. The experience is what you make of it.

Disagree completely with you on this.

Education, testing of substance, allergy testing for possible idiosyncratic reactions, set/setting and quite possibly a sober sitter.

The correct way is to learn as much as you can before you dive into the water.

Tom

Education, testing of substance, allergy testing for possible idiosyncratic reactions, set/setting and quite possibly a sober sitter.

The correct way is to learn as much as you can before you dive into the water.

Yes this quote from you is definitely true. But I think he was more saying, assuming you've approached it with understanding, safety and preparation, there are as many ways to "properly" use psychedelics as there are people. Some might find watching movies a waste, and for some, it might not be a waste. Some might like taking them at parties for the changed perceptions and social awareness and mental looseness (I do this sometimes for sure), and some might only find them useful as a sacramental thing. It doesn't mean one person is right and everyone else is wrong. It means psychedelics are a personal experience and it's not right for someone else to dictate to you how you need to use them. Other than safety and harm reduction, ie, learning about them, ingesting them safely, and attention to set and setting.

Let's be honest here, not all psychedelics are spiritual catalysts. While it would irk me if someone used DMT, DPT, or psilocybin to simply get 'fucked up,' you cannot deny that 2C-B, AL-LAD, or 4-aco-met can be used to simply have a good time. Besides, nobody is perfect and I'm sure the usage of most psychonauts has bordered on hedonism or abuse at times. Let's not judge others on how they use a substance, provided they do it in a safe and responsible manner.

This is so common in high school & in the world around us... There is a time you realize; you know better then most people... your job is to educate the people in a kindly manor... it takes a village to raise children properly...

True; but lots of times even if you do try to educate people they don't listen.

I haven't been in highschool for over a decade; but I remember in college a friend of mine who had never tripped before thought that mushrooms were like herb or low amounts of alcohol or a party drug, and that you could drive on them; but I told him they're not like that but when he took them he didn't drive on them.

High school is a time for lessons to be learned.
luckily when i was a junior i had a friend who had an older brother who got really pure shit and tested it. the guy even extracted his own mescaline from cacti he grew in his garage.
so i had it good my junior year

Yeah, I definitely think a good amount of psychedelic drugs can be performance enhancing. My favorite sport is basketball and I've found on the comedown of 4-aco-met my ball-handling is noticeably improved. The mind-body connection is definitely stronger - it's like I know where the ball will be every time. I also shot around on the comeup of Al-lad and while I'm a really good shooter normally it seemed I was even better, almost like I could micromanage my release point to the perfect spot each time. I know you've posted in the DOM thread about lifting on that, I plan on lifting on that once I get some and would like to try it on L as well. I think baseball might be cool on psychedelics too, maybe I'll try that over the summer. :)
Haha, that sounds interesting.
DOM is actually good stuff in the gym. It gives me a pleasant stimulation with very little mindfuck and nice visuals.
LSD is also good to work out on but everything feels totally different... I became mesmerized by the feeling of my muscles working together and it seriously fucked up my perception of effort and fatigue. Epic mindfuck. Put it this way: I was having difficulty keeping count of my reps and as a powerlifter I only do 3-5 reps per set!!!
I credit LSD's potential as a performance-enhancing drug to its dopaminergic activity.

Yes this quote from you is definitely true. But I think he was more saying, assuming you've approached it with understanding, safety and preparation, there are as many ways to "properly" use psychedelics as there are people. Some might find watching movies a waste, and for some, it might not be a waste. Some might like taking them at parties for the changed perceptions and social awareness and mental looseness (I do this sometimes for sure), and some might only find them useful as a sacramental thing. It doesn't mean one person is right and everyone else is wrong. It means psychedelics are a personal experience and it's not right for someone else to dictate to you how you need to use them. Other than safety and harm reduction, ie, learning about them, ingesting them safely, and attention to set and setting.
Yeah, that's exactly what I meant. I understand the OP being frustrated with people who don't know anything about the drugs they're taking (that pisses me off too), but there is absolutely nothing wrong with partying on shrooms or taking them for fun. Do whatever the hell you like on them, provided you know what you're doing and you're not posing a danger to yourself or anybody around you.

From what I can remember of high school, I am surprised that there are any responsible psychonauts there. High school and responsibility are two words that were seldom seen together.
I completely agree with some of the above posters who stated that proper drug use and harm reduction techniques would be very valuable lessons at that age.
Don't see that happening any time soon though.

With the internet and the availability of information it brings, anyone who does have the sense to look up reports or chat about what they plan on doing, has the ability to do so. This site and others like it are an invaluable resource which I would have loved to have back in those days. At least now, the savvy ones have the option.

I'll just point out this conception that you are the only responsible user makes you an irresponsible user yourself. Who are you to judge others? All you can do is be there for them and promote things you see benefit them and reinforce that certain things don't help. Human beings still have lots to learn on themselves and drugs more so than many understand.

I'll just point out this conception that you are the only responsible user makes you an irresponsible user yourself. Who are you to judge others? All you can do is be there for them and promote things you see benefit them and reinforce that certain things don't help. Human beings still have lots to learn on themselves and drugs more so than many understand.

this.

Indeed. Even trying to learn all that there is to know about safe consumption and proper usage takes a lot of time, effort and basic understanding of biology/physiology/etc. And that's on top of all those high schoolers taking their AP classes, having a life as a teen and learning the ropes on just about everything in life (which keeps going strong well into the 20s). Which is why time spent on untrue scare tactics is really counterproductive (I'm looking at you, government).