• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

I can't handle stupid people anymore

He was a rebel... definitely didn't go with the flow. He started that revolution. Say what 😄

Paul was another bad ass. Most of his books were written when he was in prison and he had such amazing revelation of Jesus through the holy spirit.. more so than the disciples that walked with him everyday.

See that's what I'm saying. What if God is actually looking for the skeptics, rebels, and the outcasts? What if he's looking to weed out all the boring obedient types who would just blindly follow him without evidence?

What if God is actually looking for the skeptics, rebels, and the outcasts? What if he's looking to weed out all the boring obedient types who would just blindly follow him without evidence?

The most true thing I've seen on this thread about religion right there.
One forum member that has posted so much on here has shown herself to those that actually understand what a true fool she is in terms of "faith"
She has no fucking idea & yet has the balls to post a few days ago she has looked into stuff..............more like looked behind the sofa imho.

Ayin ho'ra, Kabbala reading mofo's in the house.

See that's what I'm saying. What if God is actually looking for the skeptics, rebels, and the outcasts? What if he's looking to weed out all the boring obedient types who would just blindly follow him without evidence?
lol

have child like faith

If I'm a fool for choosing Jesus and not the devil, I'll be that.

An ex Catholic Church priest I have on my Twitter account where we chat over "majick" etc was also a proper member of the O9A / ONA & his legit as the day is long, believe me I've asked him many things to try & sniff him out & call him a fraud but I failed.
Go figure sweetie, you at times really have no clue what they hell you're on about or really into I swear.

Leonard Ravenhill for you (yet again)

"I believe every church is either supernatural or superficial. I don't believe there's any middle ground."
"Do you go to church to meet God or to hear a sermon about Him? How many come to church expecting a confrontation with Deity?"

If by some chance the hand of "God" came down to touch you I promise y that the shit would flow outta you in pure TERROR, you have no clue about "God" or these fucking "demoms"you love to think are in rock music. One of these days you'll learn like I had to the hard way.

An ex Catholic Church priest I have on my Twitter account where we chat over "majick" etc was also a proper member of the O9A / ONA & his legit as the day is long, believe me I've asked him many things to try & sniff him out & call him a fraud but I failed.
Go figure sweetie, you at times really have no clue what they hell you're on about or really into I swear.

I'm the only one here telling you truth. Your soul is in trouble. If you die while worshipping a demon, you'll be sorry.

^ you wrote earlier:

I remember now that even when I didn't believe in God, I couldn't stand atheists. They took joy in going around telling people God doesn't exist. Bunch of assholes.
you seem to take joy in telling people your belief is the only truth and they're going to hell/whatever...

can you see that you're exactly the same as the people you can't stand?

I've been nothing but nice to people here who are nonbelievers
You being an asshole is, but ok
He'd probably just see you for the pest you are and ignore you
You should probably fuck off
i'll agree to disagree.

alasdair

^ you wrote earlier:

you seem to take joy in telling people your belief is the only truth and they're going to hell/whatever...

can you see that you're exactly the same as the people you can't stand?

i'll agree to disagree.

alasdair

Wrong. You're only judging based on this thread alone. This conversation has been going on for a long time in a different thread. I took plenty of time out to answer questions from nonbelievers and be very nice about it. It doesn't matter with them. That's why I was done with it. So I made a comment in this thread and the same people followed me in here to start the whole thing up again which is what I did not want.

whatever dude. all i have are your words here and, to this observer, you're not quite the innocent martyr you seem to think you are.

aside, for somebody who's said, what, 4 or 5 times that you're done with this, you sure seem to be keeping going :)

alasdair

OP's original post was intended to discuss 'I can't handle stupid people anymore' as a personal and existential problem. From my review of the thread the first person to bring up Christians was OP in a reference to 'Christian dominionism', which I assume was a reference to 'stupid people'. OP later was the first to reference Buddhist concepts Mayahana and Theravada by analogy as ways to personally deal with, I assume, 'stupid people'.

I think OP's reference to religious themes was relevant to the extent that religions in general address personal and existential problems (as do many many other disciplines). However I don't think its constructive to argue that Buddhism is right and Christianity is wrong or Christianity is right and Buddhism is wrong, or, Christianity is better than Buddhism or Buddhism is better than Christianity.

Buddhism and Christianity both address personal and existential problems but they are two different religions. Theologically they cannot be reconciled because some of their core concepts are incompatible, including whether God exists, whether God intercede's in human affairs, and eschatology (the end of times vs. the circle of life). I think what is compelling to me, and intellectually honest, is that religions maintain their own internal theological integrity and differentiation from each other. Of course if someone isn't interested in any religion whatsoever that's perfectly fine too.

As for OP's original theme 'I can't handle stupid people anymore' and whether to focus on changing the world or ourselves, I submit that we should sincerely try to do both as best we can.

whatever dude. all i have are your words here and, to this observer, you're not quite the innocent martyr you seem to think you are.

aside, for somebody who's said, what, 4 or 5 times that you're done with this, you sure seem to be keeping going :)

alasdair

Only because I'm not going to let you judge based on one side of it. You don't know the full story.

😆Do you guys ever stop?

Bickering ....
And C2C you wrote " So I made a comment in this thread and the same people followed me in here to start the whole thing up again which is what I did not want." Seriously?

Been a while since contributing here... my best assessment at this time is that stupid people are multiplying exponentially. Maybe a little too many. I may have to call a preemptive bug out.
They so damn stupid they may not even know I'm gone....
Hahah
fuck em sorry sombitches

Leonard Ravenhill for you (yet again)

"I believe every church is either supernatural or superficial. I don't believe there's any middle ground."
"Do you go to church to meet God or to hear a sermon about Him? How many come to church expecting a confrontation with Deity?"

If by some chance the hand of "God" came down to touch you I promise y that the shit would flow outta you in pure TERROR, you have no clue about "God" or these fucking "demoms"you love to think are in rock music. One of these days you'll learn like I had to the hard way.
Only when one has seen "God" my fellow explorers the first time they did heroic doses of psychedelics and saw god never tripped again the fear and terror of seeing what god truly is is enough to be a one time fling for a majority of trippers that they will never touch psychedelics again.

The infinite is infinite god is all form and reality and has not a single care for anything because its the ultimate infinite reality of endless suffering there is no escape from consciousness god on end of the spetrucum is ultimate infinite darkness and evil and then light and love on the other end. The only solace i find it is what is there is no escape for at our core we are also part of it all we did it ourselves for we are GOD giving itself a colonoscopy to realize the infinite potential of it all. Karma flows everywhere in creation and with the infinite possiblities of existenece and other realms of consciousness there are countless realms of hellish places to go to on death if that what somebodies karma has dictated for them. There is no redemption only time to serve for the infinite karmic cycle continues and at this human level of consciousness we are all pieces of divine dogshit in the grand scheme of things.

U
^In the friendliest way possible, I could not disagree with you more!

The Fermi Paradox suggests that sentient conscious, technologically capable life, is an extreme rarity in the universe. Given this fact, that we might be one of the few guardians of self-aware, biological intelligence, surely it stands to reason that life, and specifically human life, is something we should want to preserve?

Are fungi introduced to a new patch of land (possibly a slightly hostile, alien environment for it) that evolves to thrive and flourish, just an "evil" cancer?

What about a small group of animals migrating to a part of the world they previously did not inhabit - they flourish, eat and outbreed the local fauna to extinction - like countless species in the billions of years of evolution of life on Earth have done, prior to the emergence of humanity. Are these invading species an evil cancer?

What about the first abiogenetic event in the primordial, anoxic seas of a Hadean Earth - were these pre-DNA examples of simple, self-replicating molecules an evil force, as they multiplied and spread out on a world that was previously completely dead? As their more capable descendants gradually changed the entire ecosystem, terraforming a world that could have ended up a lifeless as Mars or Venus into a world with an oxygen atmosphere, capable of supporting the energy requirements of their descendants - highly mobile, thinking entities with advanced nervous systems, capable of simulating entire realities within their minds? (And just to be clear, I don't mean humans - I think it's not unreasonable to suppose that countless other species have access to some form of internal world which has a "qualia" that eludes their understanding.) Are all these countless generations of varied forms of life just "evil cancers"?

If you think humans expanding into space is equivalent to a cancer spreading out into the universe then I don't see how you wouldn't believe that life itself is some form of cancer and the universe would just be better off if it never evolved, if you follow this argument to it's logical conclusion.

What, if it is not humans going beyond earth and becoming a spacefaring civilization, probably one of the few in the known universe, doesn't seem like a bright and incredible future, what do you hope for for the human race? Just to sit back and wait for inevitable extinction?

All that stuff said - I think it's quite conceivable that a possible solution to the Fermi Paradox is that the unique conditions that allow intelligent life to evolve unavoidably include self-destructive tendencies that always destroy the unfortunate species at the high-tech, enlightened, but intrinsically doomed end of the line. But even if this is our unavoidable fate I can't see any rational reason why we wouldn't all try our hardest to put this off as long as possible and in the meantime, see what incredible things we can achieve in this bizarre and inexplicable reality that we find ourselves in.

U have some good points

I hate the Fermi paradox. Because it's constantly misused.

There's a bunch of simple solutions to the so called paradox that don't require us to be the only, or almost the only intelligent life in the universe.

For one, extremely high odds that there is other intelligent life in the universe, in absolutely no way means that it should be likely that we would make contact with them or them with us.

There's nothing whatsoever about the universe that says interstellar, let alone intergalactic travel in sensible timespans is something that is possible.

But second, even if it were possible, the universe could well be so huge, that even if there's billions of intelligent civilizations out there, the odds of any two happening to find each other could be extremely low.

There is no "paradox" in the Fermi paradox. Because there is no inherent logical contradiction, because it is not inherent that having lots of intelligent civilizations in the universe implies that it be feasible for any of them to contact each other.

There almost certainly are lots of intelligent races in the universe. But it may be extremely infeasible for almost any of them to make contact with each other. Sadly that's just something that can happen when you start dealing in numbers as huge as the size and number of planets in the universe.