View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

I believe being possessed by an inner Reptilian Deamon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now, while "try to get on anti-psychotics" isn't the best harm reduction, I was actually referring to a 'hypothetical' scenario.
It's good that you can see how your "hypothetical" scenario isn't in the interest of harm reduction.

I wish this thread would get closed already. I hate listening to girls bicker....

I thnk you're an ignorance enabler. How about that?

I don't mind (cos it don't matter :)) - one man's ignorance is another man's demon. I did put 'demon-enabler' in comedy quotes though. Maybe the bit of you that thinks there are real demons is not real, but you've actually been 'possessed' by some bit of your subconscious that found it evolutionarily adaptive to tell your consciousness stories that it 'knows' to explain the world, as a way around the crushing insignificance and loneliness of living in the ego.

Of course i don't know what's really real, but if we're betting, i'll give you long odds on the demons; as would any sophisticated esoteric reading of the tradtions from which the demons originally derived (it's usually obvious these things were metaphorical/mythical, not literal (as is clear in buddhist traditions)). Care to have a go explaining why the people who gave you the term 'demon' didn't even recognise that they were malevolent entities that would possess you until a bunch of repressed christians with a sharpened axe to grind came along?

(edit: just had a quick skwiz at that youtubelink you posted above as proof of demons - that seems to be going further than demons and is talking about the good old devil himself - do you actually believe that shit? (and what about the super-devil? ;))

Last edited:
I don't mind (cos it don't matter :)) - one man's ignorance is another man's demon. I did put 'demon-enabler' in comedy quotes though. Maybe the bit of you that thinks there are real demons is not real, but you've actually been 'possessed' by some bit of your subconscious that found it evolutionarily adaptive to tell your consciousness stories that it 'knows' to explain the world, as a way around the crushing insignificance and loneliness of living in the ego.

Of course i don't know what's really real, but if we're betting, i'll give you long odds on the demons; as would any sophisticated esoteric reading of the tradtions from which the demons originally derived (it's usually obvious these things were metaphorical/mythical, not literal (as is clear in buddhist traditions)). Care to have a go explaining why the people who gave you the term 'demon' didn't even recognise that they were malevolent entities that would possess you until a bunch of repressed christians with a sharpened axe to grind came along?

(edit: just had a quick skwiz at that youtubelink you posted above as proof of demons - that seems to be going further than demons and is talking about the good old devil himself - do you actually believe that shit? (and what about the super-devil? ;))

The terminology is irrelevant. Demon, malevolent entity, what's the diff? I don't particularly believe in the devil of the Bible. I don't really believe much from the Bible at all. That's just the wacky Jews making shit up. But I do believe in demonic possession (using the currently popular term even though it's not the same as the original meaning of the word daemon) and demonic infestation and oppression. There are too many cases for them all to be fake. You saw the people in that video. Did they seem like people who were making stuff up? Sounded pretty authentic to me. Do you think that autistic kid was delusional about a demon being in his room? Autistic people can't make stuff up because their brains don't work that way. People here can choose to believe that all those stories are baseless but I have to make my own judgment and I'm not gullible enough to buy the line that they are all lying or mistaken. It's like with UFOs. There are just way too many cases involving credible people, airline pilots, military people etc, for them all to be baseless. People who completely discount literally hundreds or thouasands of eyewitness accounts of demons, ghosts and UFOs are just not good at making judgments based on eyewitness testimony. The notion that all those people are wrong or lying is FAR harder to believe than that the phenomena are real.

But I do believe in demonic possession (using the currently popular term even though it's not the same as the original meaning of the word daemon) and demonic infestation and oppression. There are too many cases for them all to be fake.

You do know about mental illness, right? How can you tell the difference between "real" possession and just plan old delusions? Persecution is a well known delusion of people with schizophrenia and other illnesses. There are exactly zero cases of demons being proven to be real. In an age of overwhelming video documentation and scientific progress how is that possible?

You do know about mental illness, right? How can you tell the difference between "real" possession and just plan old delusions? Persecution is a well known delusion of people with schizophrenia and other illnesses. There are exactly zero cases of demons being proven to be real. In an age of overwhelming video documentation and scientific progress how is that possible?

that lack of evidence doesn't disprove Jasons theory. the important thing is op finds balance in his spirituality and behavior. i can't say that much more because OP hasn't commented in a while.

that lack of evidence doesn't disprove Jasons theory. the important thing is op finds balance in his spirituality and behavior. op hasn't commented in a while so i won't say anything else.

Jason - I just watched that video all the way through - is that higly biased series of 'dramatisations' the best anecdotal evidence you can get? I didn't see much in there to persuade me of demons being real - apart from some film apparently of a board falling over in a drafty factory and a swivel chair moving about there wasn't much to go on; except the word of a 'psychologist' who belonged to the international organisation of exorcists and was approved by priests to say prayers before the 'real' exorcists turned up (and obvoisuly believed in christianity and demons, so not really much of a psychologist).

There was the autistic boy who behaved like an autistic boy, but we never saw any films of - we had to take the word of his mother that she filmed a shadow in the room, but that an angel statue flew off the wall and broke her cellphone (yeah right).

Then there was the woman who went 'too far' into the occult when she started to do dowsing (oh no save me from the dark hordes of the dowsers oh lord :)) - and then had some sleep paralysis.

Then there was a bit of the anecdotal stuff that would usually be called 'poltergeist activity' (by the people who want to believe it), but is here twisted to fit the prexisting belief in demons of the programme makers/participants. There wasn't much in the way of classic 'sucking satan's cock' style exorcism, so i was a bit disappointed ;).

The whole program was almost parody with it's creepy music, and obvious bias and constant framing of everything in terms of christianity, satan and demons.

I reckon the best way to understand 'classic' demon possession is that medieval people thought what we now call psychosis was demonic possession - there was none of that in this film, maybe because people now generally accept the reality of mental illness not being caused by demons, so the programme would have looked silly.

Yes this thread needs an excorcism. Mods?

Closing for now by popular demand.

I plan to potentially reopen it after I have more time to go through the whole thing and either clean it up or leave it closed.

But come on with the negativity guys, really..

Status
Not open for further replies.