Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

I an Advocate Against the War on Drugs

SteamboatBillJr

Bluelighter
Drug Policy Alliance said:
I Am an Advocate

1Ally190.jpg

We are building a movement. We know the war on drugs is a catastrophic failure, and we are getting the word out to our friends, communities and policymakers to mobilize for change. Together we can create policies that reduce the harms of both drug use and drug prohibition, and seek solutions that promote safety while upholding the sovereignty of individuals over their own minds and bodies.

Make the Case
Fact Sheets
Talking Points
New Solutions for Drug Policy

Take Action
Action Alerts
Activist Toolkits

http://www.drugpolicy.org/drug-laws-and-you/i-am-advocate

Is this news? As much as I'm a fan of the DPA, this doesn't strike me as DiTM material. Or am I wrong?

I think Drugs in the Media is the best match.

Do you have any other recommendations? Perhaps the Drug Culture sub-forum is another place I could put this thread.

Honestly, I have no idea. Too bad we don't have a social movement forum :) Maybe we can start a social movement or drug policy reform advocacy thread somewhere?

I was just saying it doesn't seem like DiTM material because it's been around pretty much as long as DPA's website. I'm not opposed to putting it up here on BL somewhere, just don't know where it would go either.

Maybe a mod or someone will point something out...

Perhaps in the future we could work on this. I am going easy on my activism the next few days if possible. I am letting myself focus on bigger issues.

The past few hours were especially stressful. Peacefully reforming drug policy is my passion. This isn't the most important thing in the world. The tragedy in France takes precedence on this day. All of us should focus on achieving the most peaceful resolution of this tragedy possible and staying safe.

My thoughts are now with the French.

We're very much the same in that regard. I used to be much more active regarding reforming drug policy, particularly as related to the criminal justice system and prison. Got to work on the effort seeking to correct the crack/powder cocaine sentencing disparity, which was awesome even if it didn't end up as well as I'd have liked. That was with ABWF (CT).

These days I'm much more interested in reforming the treatment industry. It's a lot easier to work on I've found. I got burnt out on the social justice front, and there is no way I'm going to practice law now. With the perspective gained it's much easier for me to stay balanced on the treatment front.

Anyways, I'm glad you're aware of how it affects you as well. Have you ever heard of Efficacy, or Cliff Thornton's effort? Got to meet him in college before I new better, and actually passed up the offer to work with him. I kick myself for that now I know better, oh man. He's a fucking hero though regarding drug policy reform. See http://www.efficacy-online.org/. I mean, he introduced me to the idea of: The War on Drugs is a War on Justice, Race, Class, Public Health, Addicts, Taxpayers, Science, Compassion, Democracy, Marijuana, Civil Liberties, Higher Education, Prevention, Industrial Hemp, Truth, Reason, Environment, etc. etc. How dope is that?

If you're interested in what I mentioned later on lemme know. I'd be happy to work with you on such an effort for BL.

This isn't the most important thing in the world.
But one of the most wrong, most under-rated, misguided topics for sure that causes at least as much collateral damage every day as terror and it's a shocking ignorance about human rights in many nations.

We need a social movement forum indeed & more creative well-educated positive open-minded energetic people and we can make a change!