• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Stimulants I am afraid I am becoming addicted to ritalin

whitesoxsox

Greenlighter
First of all, I'm a very nervous and paranoid person to begin with. I have generalized anxiety disorder, social anxiety disorder, and ADHD. I am currently prescribed 300mg of Bupropion daily, 20mg of fluoxetine daily, 20 mg of methylphenidate twice daily, and 1mg of klonopin (as needed).

In the last few weeks I have began crushing and snorting my methylphenidate. I am probably taking about 60mg total a day, just little lines every few hours because the comedown makes me feel like I'm having a panic attack. I find myself feeling "oh, I better take another line so I keep feeling good." so I do.

I have never snorted anything or really been addicting to anything before, so this is a crazy first for me. I'm not even totally sure how or why it happened, but I am loving it.

Basically my beginner question is....how dumb is this....how unsafe is this....or am I okay?

Thanks for your input. Google searches really just come up with "don't" and I hope to have some input from people that have been through it and understand what I'm trying to say.

Snorting pills is not the best thing for you, nor is it the end of the world.

Pills contain things called fillers which are not meant to be snorted into your sinuses.

You are displaying, and luckily recognizing, addictive behavior in yourself.

At least you recognize it.

Snorting hard drugs is going to damage your nose more quickly than snorting pills.

Your priority concern should be your behavior and the path you might be are going down and not the physical effects of pills going up your nose.

Have hope, and be glad you are concerned at this point and not years down the line.

But do take action. Don't wait until you start snorting meth instead of ritalin.

Addiction is a progressive disease and you are beyond the first few phases once you start snorting pills.

Take action now before it gets a lot... A LOT worse.

Last edited:
You aren't addicted as of yet, but it has probably become a "bad habit " as for now. Try to remember how it fell before you stopped taking it orally, it wasn't all that bad aight? Get on to taking it orally again. Don't talk to your doc about this, they will definitely remove the Ritalin if not switching it to concerta (slow release)
. Take some Klonopin on the comedown, and keep the snorting for friday nights only.

Its not particularly unsafe (i snorted ritalin and focalin for years).

Its a poor practice and if enough talc and binders get into your lungs the consequences can be severe. Stop while youre ahead.

First of all, I'm a very nervous and paranoid person to begin with. I have generalized anxiety disorder, social anxiety disorder, and ADHD. I am currently prescribed 300mg of Bupropion daily, 20mg of fluoxetine daily, 20 mg of methylphenidate twice daily, and 1mg of klonopin (as needed).

In the last few weeks I have began crushing and snorting my methylphenidate. I am probably taking about 60mg total a day, just little lines every few hours because the comedown makes me feel like I'm having a panic attack. I find myself feeling "oh, I better take another line so I keep feeling good." so I do.
You'll fit right in.

Have you considered finding a (relatively) safe recreational drug like cannabis and keeping the stimulants to prescribed/oral use? You might just like to get high.

If not cannabis, classical psychedelics and such can be a a solid euphoric experience without a panicky shaky comedown like ritalin.

Ritalin seems to have a gross feeling comedown for a lot of people. Same deal with a lotta folks and amphetamine.