• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Hydromorphone snorted v.s. oxycodone oral equivalency?

muie

Bluelighter
How strong is hydromorphone mg/mg when snorted compared to oral oxycodone. The reason I ask is because all of a sudden k-town has transformed from oxy-central into this wierd thing where it seems some psychotic doctor is trying to get the town addicted to these dilaudids. Not only that but the price of dilaudids is insane, sometimes the 4mgs go for [beep] and the 8mg for [beep]. When oxys where around like crazy the standard street price was no more than [beeeeep] for an 80mg.

Now the only way i've ever taken hydromorphone is inranasally and its always worked but I wonder how much 1mg of snorted hydromorphone is to 1mg of oral oxycodone. I checked out the absorbtion rates for intranasal and oral hydromorphone on Wikipedia and they vary by about half as much, while oxycodone oral and intranasal vary by about 5%-10%.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey there,

First off you should edit out those prices so your post is legit.

Are you asking about the comparative bioavailabilities of snorted hydromorphone vs. oral oxycodone? Or are you trying to figure out how many mg of oxycodone would be equal to snorted hydromorphone? I think the nasal BA of hydromorphone is around 50%, and oral oxycodone is around 90%. If we're going for comparative dosages, there's plenty of dose conversion calculators online that could tell you better than I can, but I find that 4 mg hydromorphone nasally is about equal to 20 mg oxycodone orally. But due to individual differences in how people absorb and metabolize drugs, you might find that the equivalency is a bit different for you.

I snort Hydromorophone (Dilaudid) every day because im scripted 100 4mg Dilaudids a month, for Breakthrough pain over my 50mcg Fentanyl patches. I love snorting Dilaudid but at the prices you'd have to pay on the street SCREW THAT. I only do it because I pay [radio edit] for 100 4mg Dialudid pills. I need to snort atleast 16mg's at a time (4 of them) to even feel a difference. I Also I get 100 10mg Percocets (Oxycodone 10mg's) that I think they are going to discontinue here soon because Im on Dilaudid now. The point im getting at is Dilaudid is great feeling. I prefer the feeling over Oxycodone but generally it has to be IV'd for me to feel that its alot better. The BA is just so poor orally and nasally is only a little better with Dilaudid that Oxy seems superior at a 80-90%+ BA for oral. I just choose the Dilaudid because I get it so cheap and i get such a good quantity I can afford to snort alot to get where I wanna be. I generally snort about 24 mg's a day & I have Fentanyl as my main pain killer so im ok when I run out of D's a little early. Overall if i had to buy each pill i'd much much much rather be buying Oxycodone then Dilaudid. It takes more Dilaudid to feel good then Oxycodone pill for pill but I prefer the Dilaudid high once it's achieved if that makes since. The difference here to look at too though is if you like to IV your drugs. Dilaudid wins hands down. If you bang it 4mg's will get you high as hell! I dont touch needles anymore though!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah man,Unless you Inject Hydromorph probably won't Interest you at those prices...But I would Rather Slam a couple 8 mg Dillies over an OC 80 anyday,anytime,anywhere.But if you're tolerance is low enough they might do you good,Like The Dank man,I had A huge tolerance and was getting Scripts for Hydromorph ER 12 mg and 6 mg capsules and 2 mg Dillies for breakthrough,and due to Hydro's low B/A,I would have to chew up a Few 12's and 6's with 5 or 6 2 mg Dillies snorted over the course of half an hour,Also I enjoyed prepping dillies like I would for a shot,Putting it in an oral syringe and rinsing my nose with the solution after snorting.

Last edited:
i prefer the high of hydromorphone so my feelings might be biased but for me I have to take 10-15mg oral oxy to equal 2mg intranasal hydromorphone

4 mg dilaudid is about 15 mg oxy i'd say but neither of them get u high easily if u have a tolerance. i'd say dilaudid wins cuz it takes so much oxy if u have a tolerance. i take 10 5 mil oxycodones but i'd prolly only snort a dilly 4 mg or two to get high. i havnt had them in awhile tho im supposed to get a script of 100 tomorrow

I don't much about pills. As far as opioids, I started with Heroin snorted it like 3 times then went straight to banging it. I recently shot dillys (dilaudid) 2 4mg ones because I know I have an opiod tolerance. I read on the internet if you don't have a tolerance start out with like a milligram or so. But I know where my tolerance is, and considering my drug of choice is Heroin, and only Heroin. I don't do anything else. why? Pot = makes me paranoid, Beer = is not heroin :-D But yeah alot of people talk about the dilly rush and how it feels so good... I personally don't feel "GREAT" off of them. Maybe I have to do more? But I don't wanna OD either. Also when shooting them for each pill you need alot of water. Since my tolerance is high that means I have to throw like 4 dillys. It won't fit properly into my CC gauge 27. IDK you tell me Muie if you get a good rush from Dillys. You are more than welcome to e-mail me if you don't wanna reply to me on here. Good luck, be safe and always own up to your own shit. Remember no put up a gun to your head to consume this poison.

you are way better off hooping hydromorphone than snorting it. trust me!

yes

;)i have only done opiates infrequently ever since i got a never ending script for Klonopin.i did however score 19 Dilaudid 8mg each last week without even looking for them. i took one orally and it floored me....in a good way.... later people.8o

My tolerance and the fact I had OC 80's coming out of my ears, meant that I burnt through a sheet of 32mg hydro, and even after pulling those Jurnistas apart and taking 64mgs on top of 160mgs of oxy (about an hour after the oxy) I didn't get to "feel" the hydro. I found that 64mgs certainly held me over a day on a 160mg OC habit better than a single OC 80 would have held me. In hindsight I should have snorted some, I considered IV but I put my needle days behind me, and I used to shoot crank/ meth straight off the plate but shooting pills is not for me. I would hate to be gasping for my hit and have to spend all that time prepping a shot, aargh. But then again opiates don't cause me to have massive stomach knots anxiety and diarrhoea in anticipation of my shot like amphetamines did - took years after being clean for that knot to go away which would happen if I thought about gear (speed/meth in my language).

Wow I digress....um I think from memory the hydromorph conversion to oxy was something like a 32mg hydro was equivalent to an 80mg oxy. That felt about right.

I've never snorted Hydromorphone, it was the first opiate I shot though but don't do that...does anyone know if Hydrocodone metabolizes into Hydromorphone when ate? I've noticed I enjoy high doses of Hydrocodone more so than oxy really(say like 200mg+ of hydrocodone...high tolerance) and when I took my drug test to get on Suboxone I tested for Hydromorphone, which I had not taken in FOREVER. It's not as speedy as Oxy, that's why I enjoy it...don't get me wrong I love oxy also, just high doses of Hydrocodone more, but it's a rare thing because that's a lot of pills, most people don't have that much to sell...

How strong is hydromorphone mg/mg when snorted compared to oral oxycodone. The reason I ask is because all of a sudden k-town has transformed from oxy-central into this wierd thing where it seems some psychotic doctor is trying to get the town addicted to these dilaudids. Not only that but the price of dilaudids is insane, sometimes the 4mgs go for [beep] and the 8mg for [beep]. When oxys where around like crazy the standard street price was no more than [beeeeep] for an 80mg.

Now the only way i've ever taken hydromorphone is inranasally and its always worked but I wonder how much 1mg of snorted hydromorphone is to 1mg of oral oxycodone. I checked out the absorbtion rates for intranasal and oral hydromorphone on Wikipedia and they vary by about half as much, while oxycodone oral and intranasal vary by about 5%-10%.

There is only one way to do a K4 and that's IV. Was in the hospital with a back injury; saved up 6 and ate them, nothing. Then I had someone stick one in my administered IV and one was all it took to put me in heaven with no pain.

There is only one way to do a K4 and that's IV. Was in the hospital with a back injury; saved up 6 and ate them, nothing. Then I had someone stick one in my administered IV and one was all it took to put me in heaven with no pain.
Maybe you are right, but Bluelight is a harm reduction forum and we are not meant to advocate IV