Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Hydromorphone for Pain management

SKR

Bluelighter
Anyone have experience with Hydromorphone for pain management in Australia? Recreational users welcome to add their experience also.

I've recently come across some Jurnista 32mg Hydromorphone tablets. Boy did they go to some effort to uturn what appears to be a short acting opioid into a long acting once per day dose by way of pill casing manufacture. White coated pill which houses another clear plastic shell casing which houses the active compound stuck to a bunch of additive. The hydro gets released through a small hole which has been cut through both shell casings (which apparently do not break down in the gut or intestine. A lot of effort goes into the process, somewhat of a manufacturing marvel, somewhat of a pain in the ass if you want to muck around with the pill with a view to using a different ROA apart from it's intended oral ROA.

Shame I have a fairly decent tolerance to opiates (Oxy being my prescribed opioid) I'm unable to really know what the drug feels like on it's own. Pound for pound she appears to be a "strong" drug.

Those with experience recreationally - is it found on the street much?

I just PMd u hon, but forgot to add my few experiences with jurnista.

As an oxy alternative it's just nothing to compare. I started on 48mgs (yes, 32 + 16mgs), gave me just a vague/stoned feeling & offered zero pain relief. Taken as directed..after a wk I begged my GP to give me back my oxy!

Next time, after meeting a fella in hosp who'd been shooting his hydro & as others attest to with dilaudid, it's apparently a better rush then heroin. Shorter life though.

So, with a bit more info, of how to break the time release i bargained with my PM to trial 64mg for eight wks (his idea of a "proper" trial).

Separating the ingredients as it appears you have SKR, for me it was one of those drugs where I thought I'll just have a bit more & see if it gives me a buzz/relief.

I can see how someone could get into a sticky situation that way as what I was prescribed was a huge dose let alone tampering with it.

I went back to oxy. It's worth keeping for wd days though. Just my two cents buddy xx

Rtp

Yeah even after pulling them apart and eating 96mgs as my evening dose of opiates the effects were barely noticeable on my lower back pain which is usually the least painful of the two main sources of pain in my back, I use my lower back pain as an indicator to my opiates effectiveness and I still dropped another 80mgs of oxy after an hour on top of that dose of hydromorphone to get me through till my morning dose of oxy. I'm sure with no tolerance I would have a completely different view and experience of the drug and I certainly wouldn't be taking anymore than a 32mg untampered Jurnista pill.

I'm sure if I IV'd the hydro I would have experienced a high but my veins are reserved for blood tests these days.

Much the same as you RTP, oxy is my opiate choice for pain.

I had a friend on Jurnista 32mg and I nearly got to try them but he switched back to morphine. Obviously its not all its cracked up to be unless you IV it and if Jurnista's are like OP oxy's I wouldn't be going near that wouthout a micron filter. I had the opportunity to buy proper Dilaudid but the prices were fucking laughable. Hydromorphone and Oxymorphone(the 2 opiates I still want to try but haven't) are two things ive kind of come to terms with the fact ill likely never try them and that's ok. As far as pain management goes, oxy, morphine, methadone(physeptone or syrup) and fentanyl seem to be the most common stronger opiates prescribed to chronic pain sufferers.

Yeah had I come across it many years ago when I was into getting high recreationally I would have IV'd it for sure. IV was the only way to truly know how a drug performed in my view. I'm a pain patient now and apart from the welcome pain relief I'm mostly a reluctant opioid/opiate user and addict.

Obviously its not all its cracked up to be unless you IV it

I would disagree with that, I got an amazing high from eating the 64mg jurnistas - it was incredibly euphoric (probably the most euphoric opiate I've taken, even without the IV rush, which I've always felt is a bit overrated as a concept) and it lasted upwards of 18 hours even after grinding the pills up (as much as possible anyway, their consistency is something like rubber so it's impossible to get an actual powder).

^Yeah and I believe it for sure. Since having to resume a "hard drug" habit after something like 9 years sobriety, this time it's oxycontin/codone and even though I used to shoot my drugs that sort of thinking is no longer what I'm about so I eat my pills as directed, and it's just fine by me!

Though of course I employ the chopped finely oxycontin, or generics which are powdered easily all eaten on an empty stomach - I can get absolutely smashed (rarer these days) and experience an onset rush that is really quite satisfying. Absolutely no desire in me to shoot my pills. The addict in me is sufficiently tucked away.

For me I would have needed and liked to have had a tolerance about half of what it was when I came across the drug but alas, a few hundred milligrams of hydromorhone was lost in a sea of oxycodone.