• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Hydromorphone BA on a Jpouch

Billypete82

Greenlighter
Hello Everyone

My friends cat has being doing opioids for a long time. A few years back swim had a bunch of surgery’s and getting a jpouch created (pretty much taking your colon out and making a artificial colon out of your small intestine. Swim has being insufflating 48mgs of hydro and it’s not doing to much. Swim knows plugging is a good way to use this substance if you don’t want to IV but he is wondering will this work since the colon is gone will it absorb at all or even better couldn’t find any info about drug absorption in jpouch patients.
Thanks.

I wouldn't do that, honestly i would reccomend asking for Hydrmorphone contin, aka time release hydro (they can prescribe this at the same time as the hydros you're already on) one for round the clock pain, and one for breakthrough, you should avoid the needle like the plague. it does work well and you can use alot less... however... it'll raise your tolerance with regular use, Intramuscular injection however, may be a more viable route if you ever choose to go with a needle, allmost as effective as IV, but lasts longer, the only downside is, well, your muscles are gonna hurt until you get used to it and you can only IM every so often depeneding where you choose to shoot all this said, i would reccomend my first suggestion and to never touch a needle, being a chronic pain patient myself, i don't adhere to recreational usage of opiates however, i can tell you that without a doubt, you get one hell of a 'high' from dilaudid when using a needle regardless of it being IM, IV, eating them is just as fine, but nothing will compare to the rush you get from IV so stay away from that route if you think you may succumb to actual recreational use/addiction, not everyone using this route for pain will become fixated on it, but that said from experience i can see it being very easy for someone to end up slamming dilaudid all day long.

If you are not already, you should insufflate using an oral syringe (without the needle), crush the pills into a powder and mix with a few mL of water (too much and you wont be able to hold it all in your nose, too little and you will get plugged up nose), then squirt the mixture slowly into your nose. It is extremely important you do it lying with your head dangling upside down so it all absorbs into your nostrils, any bit of liquid the drips down your throat is wasted. I get quite high from my dilaudid with this method, although if you're realing doing 48mg daily you will have to do this a few times. But it does increase the efficiency.

IME rectal hydromorphone is a waste it is meant to snort via nasal drip or IV but that is extremely addictive and dangerous.