• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Hydromorph contin Vs Oxycontin in regards to Nausea as a side effect.

willy420wonka

Greenlighter
I had a question for you fellow blue light members. About a year or so ago I was heavily into oxycontin but still only railing approx. 80-100mg a day which to me is a really small addiction oppose to others without doubt. The nausea I experienced from these was nowhere near the amount of nausea and vomiting i've been having since starting to rail Hydromorph 30mgs here and there. I will take less then 15mg and still almost ALWAYS puke once while noddin on em. I've puked like 7-8 times in a night from doing less then 15mg. My question is simply do opiates that are this similar still have big differences in their side effects? Thank you.

-Luke

your doses are too high. If you are puking you are taking too much. Keep in mind hydromorphone is very potent compared to oxycodone.

Thank you. I don't nod as hard if I'm not doin the higher doses though..and they aren't even higher doses.

im not sure what your question is really.

but - if you want to combat the nausea of your opiates, you could try taking promethazine, cyclizine or meclizine to counteract the vomiting. i found when i had taken too high doses of opiates that either would completely take away the nauseous feelings,for me promethazine is easy to get a hold of. it is a sedative so it will enhance your nod as well. i suggest you only take 10mg and if that is unsuccessful 20mg.

dramamine is also helpful in preventing nausea, but again it will potentiate the opiates nod.

as said above, hydromorphone is much more potent than oxycodone and you are actually taking considerably high doses.

Your taking too much if your puking that often. I was a little confused by your post, but I can tell you that ime morphones give me way worse nausea then codones

I have to say it was about equal for me, also snorting it. I found that roughly 30mg of oxy = 8mg hydromorphone in terms of the high/nod/nausea. That may be different for others.