• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Hydrocodone

Slumerican96

Bluelighter
So I normally crush em up and take em like a goody powder. I'm letting some dissolve in water overnight so I can chug it tomorrow. Will this make it lose any potency? Also got some Benadryl cuz i heard its a good booster. Question is will my hrdros lose potency this way? And will Benadryl boost my buzz?

Especially if you are already crushing then up abs putting them in water try the "cold water extraction" technique. Super easy to do, requires nothing you don't have a home, very quick. This removes the Tylenol and thus spares your liver. No or practically potency is lost.

Benadryl will boost the opiates. It's hard to say how much so you'll have to be careful not to take too much of either at first. It boosts sedation more than anything, euphoria a little less so. Some people find it dirties up the high and they don't like it though.

Benadryl has it's own "high" which is basically just sedation. If you have a decent amount of hydro, there's really no need to add Benadryl to the mix. Just my opinion tho.

Benadryl has it's own "high" which is basically just sedation. If you have a decent amount of hydro, there's really no need to add Benadryl to the mix. Just my opinion tho.
Benadryl can become a delriant if used in a very large dose, it makes you act proper crazy. I think there was some Benadryl challange on tiktok and someone died or something like that.

SKL is right on everything. Your hydrocodone should not lose potency in water. And since your hydrocodone is already dissolved in water you might as well run it through a coffee filter. Opioids generally aren't harmful to the body unless you OD, but acetaminophen is highly toxic to your liver, so why put your body through that when it doesn't help the high?

Benadryl can boost the high, I think it depends what you look for in your high. Do you take opioids to relax? Then you might enjoy the added sedation. Do you take opioids for an energy boost/euphoria? then you might want to skip the benadryl. Its a personal preference thing.

Hey OP. You shouldn't have to worry about loss of potency especially if it's just being left overnight. Sedating antihistamines like Diphenhydramine (Benadryl) are commonly used with Opioids to boost the subjective potency of the sedation. It's important here to understand the difference between synergy and this subjective boost in sedation. The Diphenhydramine shouldn't contribute to respiratory depression. It will only make you feel more sedated. Just a little disclaimer.

SKL is right on everything.
Now if only more people would realize it 😏

The Diphenhydramine shouldn't contribute to respiratory depression. It will only make you feel more sedated.
Ain't necessarily so. DPH absolutely increases risk of respiratory depression with opiates, although this is probably much more relevant with higher doses than both. It doesn't depression respiration itself (outside of truly stratospheric doses, well beyond even doses causing delirium) but any kind of sedation while on opiates is going to worsen the risks of respiratory depression.