• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Hydrocodone withdrawal

blacksheepbobbi

Greenlighter
I ran out of my prescription 10mg hydrocodone early. I went 7 days without it so I was through most of the physical wd. I had an accident last week and went back on it for 5 days. I ran out last night. My next refill is next Monday. My question is how bad will wd be after being back on them for 5 days? I’ve already got chills and hot flashes and stomach issues. Praying it won’t be another week of suffering.

I ran out of my prescription 10mg hydrocodone early. I went 7 days without it so I was through most of the physical wd. I had an accident last week and went back on it for 5 days. I ran out last night. My next refill is next Monday. My question is how bad will wd be after being back on them for 5 days? I’ve already got chills and hot flashes and stomach issues. Praying it won’t be another week of suffering.

I've never done hydrocodone but the w/ds off most opiates usually the withdrawal itself lasts 3 days regardless of whether it's 5 days or 5 weeks your on them. Then after those 3 days another 3-4 days recovering from the withdrawal if that makes sense.

I've never done hydrocodone but the w/ds off most opiates usually the withdrawal itself lasts 3 days regardless of whether it's 5 days or 5 weeks your on them. Then after those 3 days another 3-4 days recovering from the withdrawal if that makes sense.
Thank you for responding. I’ve never gone back and forth like this so I wasn’t sure what to expect. Wd are so traumatic so I was hoping not to have to go through the full thing again after just 5 days but it makes sense.

Thank you for responding. I’ve never gone back and forth like this so I wasn’t sure what to expect. Wd are so traumatic so I was hoping not to have to go through the full thing again after just 5 days but it makes sense.

The best advice i can give you through my own limited experience with opiate withdrawls (i've done a Cold Turkey once in my life, after a 3 week heroin binge) is clear your schedule for 1 week when uoi are planning coming off/running out.

Also might be worth getting some cocodamol in or codeine pills in. Have plenty of easily made food in. Like make a mac and cheese or some other easy to get down food that will last you 2-3 nights on the last day before you run out. Make sure you are in comfortable as possible surroundings with a bathroom close by lol. Plenty of easy to watch viewing lined up for the TV, as you will likely be in bed for most of the week.

Last but not least be mentally prepared. And when it starts, the pain sets in, and your mood drops real low, remind yourself 'this is the withdrawal talking i will be better in a week'. The hardest thing for me coming off heroin or pregablin was the mental aspect. My mood just dipped so much. If you can control the mood by telling yourself it will pass the whole process is much more bareable than if you fall into the mood and start believing that's your reality now.

The best advice i can give you through my own limited experience with opiate withdrawls (i've done a Cold Turkey once in my life, after a 3 week heroin binge) is clear your schedule for 1 week when uoi are planning coming off/running out.

Also might be worth getting some cocodamol in or codeine pills in. Have plenty of easily made food in. Like make a mac and cheese or some other easy to get down food that will last you 2-3 nights on the last day before you run out. Make sure you are in comfortable as possible surroundings with a bathroom close by lol. Plenty of easy to watch viewing lined up for the TV, as you will likely be in bed for most of the week.

Last but not least be mentally prepared. And when it starts, the pain sets in, and your mood drops real low, remind yourself 'this is the withdrawal talking i will be better in a week'. The hardest thing for me coming off heroin or pregablin was the mental aspect. My mood just dipped so much. If you can control the mood by telling yourself it will pass the whole process is much more bareable than if you fall into the mood and start believing that's your reality now.
I work from home so I’m good and my husband will keep me fed and hydrated. I’ve got Imodium and ibuprofen and lots of fruit and easy to eat snacks. I guess I’m down for a few days again. I appreciate all the advice!

Thankfully I get my usual refill a week from tomorrow. I think it helps knowing that. I had a smaller fill last time because the pharmacies around me were all out. They e all gotten a good supply back in so I should get my usual amount this time.

I work from home so I’m good and my husband will keep me fed and hydrated. I’ve got Imodium and ibuprofen and lots of fruit and easy to eat snacks. I guess I’m down for a few days again. I appreciate all the advice!

Yeah you'll be fine then mate. Just take it easy and be prepared for the inevitable. Sucks that was only 5 days but given you've had withdrawals before and you have used for 5 days the withdrawal will come like it always does with opiates seemingly 3 days of withdrawal then about 4 days after still feeling low. Try do some exercise as soon as the actual withdrawal part has passed. Helps speed up the feeling shit part after.

Yeah you'll be fine then mate. Just take it easy and be prepared for the inevitable. Sucks that was only 5 days but given you've had withdrawals before and you have used for 5 days the withdrawal will come like it always does with opiates seemingly 3 days of withdrawal then about 4 days after still feeling low. Try do some exercise as soon as the actual withdrawal part has passed. Helps speed up the feeling shit part after.
I sure will thanks so much’

How are you feeling today? I know you can get codeine over the counter at the pharmacy. That might be able to help you until you can get your script.

How are you feeling today? I know you can get codeine over the counter at the pharmacy. That might be able to help you until you can get your script.
I wish that I could get codeine but it’s prescription only here. You must not be in the US? It’s not OTC here.

I get rls when my ms flares and in wd, it's the worst.
Benadryl, mirtazapine and a few other drugs makes it worse

If your ever using alone, protect yourself with a spotter. Our operators will ask you for your exact location, type of substance that is planned to be used, and how your taking your supply. If during the course of the call if you stop responding, we will get you help either through your predetermined responder or by notifying your local emergency services. Call 1-800-972-0590 for stigma free spotting 24 hours a day.

They are so tight on anything in the opioid family here. It’s too much.

Yeah, it fucking sucks. I miss the old days when you could go to like, three or more doctors in one day, get the scripts, and fill them at different pharmacies! Holy shit, that was SOOOO awesome. Skipping home with bags of pills....God, I miss that shit.