• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids Hydrocodone withdrawal

417slush

Bluelighter
So I've been taking Hydrocodone on and off for years now. This last run has been about 6 months. I would normally take 20mg every night in 1 dose. Skip forward, now I have been taking 30mg in the morning and 30mg at night. Unfortunately the well has dried up and now it's time to pay the piper. How bad should I expect the withdrawal to be? The 60mg a day has only been for the last week or so, it's usually closer to 30 or 40mg a day that I take. Thanks in advance guys.

you know , and just my personal account, withdrawals(omgah i spelled it rt for once) were pretty bad(off fent) but i had more fear than pain, suffered some for a week, but it was my damn stinking thinking tht near broke me, hope you got someone to help you some, its not going to be as bad as you think, lots of protein, water and hot showers baths, i hope im not giving out bad advice, everyone is so different, but i think you will pull thru much better than you think, hang tough, if i can make it, anyone can cause im a big baby with tummy aches.......all the best to you! the piper must be one rich mo fo

You can soften the landing a little bit with some comfort meds. It won't be too awfully bad ( I did it ) but expect some insomnia, a bit of diahrrea, some anxiety and some depression. The body part is manageable with maybe a light dose benzo to sleep, some immodium for the runs , maybe a little kratom for the depression ( but kratom is an opioid so keep that in mind ) and maybe a little weed when you are craving bad.

The body heals quickly. Your brain is going to mess with you big time. It's going to scream at you that you took away it's candy. Your receptors got used to being tickled. They won't be happy when they don't get stimulated with the hydrocodone anymore. Just realize that you can do things to fight the urges to relapse and tell yourself every day that you really want to stay off of them. My body was fine in 5 days but my mind still doesn't forget how good it felt and I'm two years in from stopping. Stay strong, man.

Brain will thank you once it heals from that kind of Medusa like candy. Plays Medusa with your opioid receptors in this case mostly mu-opioid reception hydro shows relative selectivity for that like that helps so it might be scary before you feel much better once it is out of your system sweating might help.however you wanna induce it

I don’t know why people under estimate poppy pods so much, buy yourself a lb of pods and you’ll be straight for a couple weeks, you might even get high a few times ;), but at the very least will keep you out of withdrawal and feeling good , I go from a gram of heroin to 2tsp. Poppy pod extract and experience zero withdrawal, it kinda blows my mind sometimes how you can just buy the pods online legally

Last edited:
So I've been taking Hydrocodone on and off for years now. This last run has been about 6 months. I would normally take 20mg every night in 1 dose. Skip forward, now I have been taking 30mg in the morning and 30mg at night. Unfortunately the well has dried up and now it's time to pay the piper. How bad should I expect the withdrawal to be? The 60mg a day has only been for the last week or so, it's usually closer to 30 or 40mg a day that I take. Thanks in advance guys.
BTDT just recently actually so here’s how my WD went. I had bad insomnia, hot and cold, lots of sweating. Stomach cramping real bad. LOTS of shits about every 10 minutes. Shivering, goosebumps and more pouring sweat n shits. All it takes to making it stop is just hydrocodone or just one dilaudid. Crazy how JUST ONE LITTLE PILL has that much power!