• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Hydrocodone/Codeine comparison. How much Promethazine is too much for first time use?

theysaididbealifer

Greenlighter
Correct me if im wrong...but to my understanding, codeine is weaker than hydrocodone. SWIM has been abusing hydrocodone for over 2 years (anywhere between 80mg-120mg on a daily basis) and has decided to detox for the purpose of a tolerance break. Today is day 5 off of them, cold turkey and the withdrawals are over. He came across a bottle of Promethazine/Codeine the other day. The label reads 6.5 mg of Promethazine & 10mg of codeine per 5 mL. He has never done "lean" in the past but his curiosity and desire to catch a buzz has gotten the best of him. He took 10mL 2 days ago and felt nothing. So about 2 hours ago he decided to finish the last of what was left in the bottle, 11 mL. Which, according to the dosing info on the label and the math he did, equals 71.5 mg of Promethazine and 110 mg of Codeine. Is 71.5 mg of Promethazineach or 110 mg of Codeine lethal? Keep in mind that it would take 20mg of Hydrocodone to get a nice buzz, seeing as his tolerance for opiates/opiods has decreased. Anyway, my question is how does codeine compare to hydrocodone? How many mg's of codeine equals 10 mg of hydrocodone? He feels a litthe head change, drowzy and just all around relaxed. Are these the effects he should expect? Any info would be must appreciated, thank you.