• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Huffing gas

dabears69

Greenlighter
I was wondering if you guys could tell me about huffing gas, and what it's like, and i only want people who have done it, or who have experienced it to reply, and please nobody saying that i'm a dumbass for doing it, because i have never done it, I'm just wondering about it.

From my teenage years, we tried huffing gasoline. (when no other drugs were available) Gave me a headache, no real buzz. Not worth it in my opinion.

Erowid experience vaults?

Gasoline is full of neurotoxic stuff, benzene, toluene and hexane namely are really bad. There can also be heavy metals (manganese, lead, etc) depending on regional variations.

I huffed all types of shit when I was a teenager, including gasoline, and trust me, nothing you get out of it will be even close to worth the risks.

Don't do it. It's dangerous, and people have died from it the first time they did it.

When I was a teenager I tried sniffing glue once; but I used super glue and it just made me sneeze. But I did this because of the same reason T. Calderone posted. At least I didn't have access to opiates, or know about DXM then.

I've siphoned gasoline, diesel, kerosene, naphthas, etc quite a few times in my life, albeit for the obvious and simple purpose of moving fuel from Tank A to Tank B manually using just a hose.... Just doing that is a highly unpleasant experience to put it mildly.

I never had even the remotest desire to ever abuse inhalants in such a way to get high, if i wanted to get high I'd use real drugs.

If you really need to use inhalants, go with nitrous. Much less threat of demylinating your nerves, and it's got the added bonus of nmda antagonism. Gasoline is an industrial product, and as mentioned above it's got heavy metals, and most inhalants can't separate the psychoactive effects from the neurotoxic ones.

This guy's a troll. In the last thread he made, he was advocating recreational use of DPH.

Or maybe he is 12? Please don't huff anything besides whippits, from my understanding they are not even neurotoxic.

Ruby... that's what I thought too, but I was showing a friend the.definition of.neurotoxic on Wikipedia, and it said the typical ones like ethanol and mppp+, but it also said no2, so who knows.

Nigga this is a website about drugs, so how tf am i a troll when i am asking about drugs.

^Nothing like a strategic n-bomb to make people take you seriously (note: my sarcastic tone).

Ruby... that's what I thought too, but I was showing a friend the.definition of.neurotoxic on Wikipedia, and it said the typical ones like ethanol and mppp+, but it also said no2, so who knows.

N2O =/= NO. Nitrous oxide (N2O, the recreational gas) is actually neuroprotective by inhibiting glutaminergic excitotoxicity.. although it can be considered a neurotoxin to those deficient in cobalamin (vitamin B12). Nitric oxide (NO) is an endogenous neurotoxin meaning it is found in vivo but high levels are what lead to problems.

Hope this helps. Also OP I rate 1/10, the extra point is for making me type a response in this ridiculous thread.

Erowid experience vaults?

Gasoline is full of neurotoxic stuff, benzene, toluene and hexane namely are really bad. There can also be heavy metals (manganese, lead, etc) depending on regional variations.

This. At least use nitrous oxide from whippets or even whipped cream cans if you want to "huff" something; please don't destroy millions of your brain cells for a cheap and dirty "high" that is effectively nothing more than the feeling of your brain dying.

Pinpoint... wow, my bad. Thanks for that, I'm usually much more on point than my post would demonstrate. I would figure that the protection against excitotoxicity would be negligible due to the extremely short duration of action though, right? I mean, if someone were trying to prevent glutamatergic excitotoxicity, one would shoot for a longer acting benzo or a calcium channel modulator?

Thanks for clarifying that.

Pinpoint... wow, my bad. Thanks for that, I'm usually much more on point than my post would demonstrate. I would figure that the protection against excitotoxicity would be negligible due to the extremely short duration of action though, right? I mean, if someone were trying to prevent glutamatergic excitotoxicity, one would shoot for a longer acting benzo or a calcium channel modulator?]
I told you so! ;) l am pretty sure l was right about him being twelve as well haha. In seriousness, depriving your brain of oxygen is never good for you but the compound itself isn't harmful... and l was just trying to defend whippets cause l love them:)
Ruby

Last edited:
Don't huff gas/fuel you'll get no high from it. I recommend you huff spray paint cans, they are the best imo/ime. It was soo psychedelic!

If your curious about inhaling stuff - get poppers (as mentioned above). Gasoline and inhalants like butane, Duster etc are so dangerous there simply is not a safe way of taking them.

I hear diethyl ether is quite nice

Last edited: