Film & Television

Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

How would Tony Soprano have handled prison?

Marla1976

Bluelighter
Sopranos paved the way for what TV is today, with all the "binge watch" type series.

It'll always be my favorite. I can rewatch The Sopranos endlessly. Sopranos was written beautifully. In the last episode we learn that Tony is basically fucked, looking down the barrel of serious time and most of his crew are gone. How would he have fared in prison? Would it have been better if he were killed than going to jail? Assuming he didn’t die, how would he have handled prison? Would it be preferable to dying? I think he wouldn't do well inside at all. He found out through psychiatry that his thing with the ducks was he was afraid of losing his family. You pretty much lose your family when you go to prison.

Depends on how connected Tony is. It almost seemed like he knew the Feds at certain points, so they might just send him down to Florida to min security (or whatever prison-lite place they have, like sending Martha Stewart to prison). If has the backing of the NJ/NY mob not to rat, ie they aren't going to kill him, then...who knows. At the very least he has protection and money. Money goes a long way in jail.

He might just land in the hospital unit (but not forensic, I guess). He's old (for jail) and crazy.

I suspect it would have been like goodfellas. Where prison is a hotel for him. :)